Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Add-On Lenses

Old May 18, 2004, 5:52 PM   #11
djb

i just ordered mine from digital distributors. very friendly with a canned pitch. it's a first come first serve basisand the next shipment is due on june 1 and is a limited quantity. i hope i get mine this time around.

dennis

p.s. digaletc,com seems to be digatal distributors

djb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25, 2004, 6:32 PM   #12

Jock, Dennis, Shake - anyone received their Raynox 2.2x yet???? I'm really anxious to hear what you all think.

Larry
Sting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25, 2004, 8:43 PM   #13
djb

Larry, if i ordered in time, i won't get it til sometime in June. i'm really itching to try it as i have lost a lot of shots due to lack of enough tele. will definitely let yas all know how it works.

dennis
Old May 26, 2004, 4:19 AM   #14

I got it yesterday and shot a few pics at work. Preliminary report: OK for the money, generally pretty sharp, slightly less so at edges as one might expect, some green and purple fringing (chromatic abberation???) on a white highlight apparent at high magnification. Used my Nikon cp 5700.The Raynoxdoes have a plastic barrel and seems sturdy and naturally light weight. Well packaged with padded pouch and 2 lens caps and adapters. I am using the coolfix tube and not the tube that came with it. Seller said I could return it if I don't need it.

I tried to post some pics but they were too large and by the time I got them small enough to post, I am ready for bed, maybe tomorrow or Thurs when I find some time.

Question: If I reduce the file size to the size required, what happens to the quality? Can you tell anything ona web site about sharpness and detail, fringing etc?I am new at this posting and forum stuff, never had time for it, (and still really don't) but it is agreat learning and sharing experience, so I will try to find time to share. (After all, I have learned a lot and based my purchace of the 5700 over a year ago on reviews at Steves.)JG
jock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26, 2004, 6:15 PM   #15

Jock - I haven't posted a photo to this iste so I can't provide the how to's, but if you look in the NEWBIE HELP forum under 'Dodgy pixel or UFO' JackRussell has posted several big ones. Maybe he can give you the answer???

Larry :idea:

Old May 28, 2004, 4:54 PM   #16
djb

I was told mine should be shipping in a week or less!!!! can't wait!!!

dennis

Old May 29, 2004, 4:31 AM   #17

So far I am pretty happy with mine. Still haven't had time to post or print images. Jock
jock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 1, 2004, 10:45 PM   #18

Question: If I reduce the file size to the size required, what happens to the quality? Can you tell anything ona web site about sharpness and detail, fringing etc?I am new at this posting and forum stuff, never had time for it, (and still really don't) but it is agreat learning and sharing experience, so I will try to find time to share. (After all, I have learned a lot and based my purchace of the 5700 over a year ago on reviews at Steves.)JG

Hi Jock, I am new to this forum so please let me know if I step on any toes.

I don't know what the requirements are for posting pictures but you can get some nice looking fotos on a monitor with 72 dpi, Macintosh will do a little better at 96 dpi.

Size of the photo will most likely be determined by the website. I would sure like to see some of your pics with the Raynox 2.2 pro. I am considering ordering one for my Olympus c-8080 which I will receive tomorrow. I hope it lives up to the reviews. Oh , I just saw the attachments requirements wow! that is easy to get a nice picture with that size. 250k Steve gets Kudos :|I have attached a picture I resized and cropped of Athena (found in the Parthenon in Nashville Tn.) My file manager says it is 50k
Attached Images

lostinfiftz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 4, 2004, 5:11 PM   #19

So Jock - what's your final verdict on the Raynox 2.2? Would you buy it again?

Larry
Old Jun 11, 2004, 6:12 PM   #20
djb

[suP]I just got mine last night. I took some pics with it this afternoon connected to my s602z. I like it. it seems to be as sharp as they say. maybe monday i'll post some pics and a comparison of with and without the lense. it's fairly light in weight and came packaged very nicely. later.[/suP]

[suP]dennis[/suP]