Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Add-On Lenses

Old May 20, 2004, 6:22 PM   #1

Hey,

I'm looking for a good wide angle (Around .50x) and tele lens (Around 2.0x) I've heard of a couple brands namely, Raynox, Tiffen, Bower, Sima, and Kenko, wondering if any of these are good quality lenses, also if anyone knows of other brands that make good lenses. I need a 37mm just for the record. Also I am looking for the best place to get a 37mm adapter for a Canon Powershot A75 same adapter for the A70/A60 I believe.

Thanks,
Sean
SB055 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 8, 2004, 11:38 PM   #2

the place that you are looking for is ; www.bugeyedigital.com

but infortunately the 37 mm are in backorder, and they say it will take a while til they have it again ,.....I am looking for one the same that you,...if you find anhoter site please let me know.......bye

digitalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13, 2004, 6:18 PM   #3

I ordered a 37mm adapter tube for my A75 from cameragear.com haven't had a problem with it clicks right in and works great. One slight note is that when you add a lens on it, you cannot turn the camera on the camera lens will hit the add on lens so you have to turn the camera on then add the lens as the canon lens goes a little furter out then back in when turned on. I am looking for a 37mm spacer ring to solve the problem if anyone knows a site, apparently the are hard to find. As for lenses I have a Kenko KCW-042 0.42x semi fisheye very cheap thought i would try it out, fun lens will use on my camcorder not camera not the best quality. Also have a Tiffen megaplus 2.0x now this is a nice lens cant tell any quality degrade to the naked eye or even zoomed in on a corner (I did a little test but it was quick so dont quote me on that) will use on my camera and camcorder. Im gonna pick up the Tiffen megaplus 0.56x lens sooner or later or possibly a Nikon WC-E63 i think it's called it i can find a good price and 38mm to 27mm step down ring or maybe even a better quality Kenko but if it is not a HI or PRO version stay clear of it.
SB055 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2004, 1:01 PM   #4

This Link is for a 37mm-37mm step ring, Hope it helps

N/A 37mm TO 37mm STEP-UP RING, N/A 37mm TO 37mm STEPUP RING,
Broken Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2005, 1:29 PM   #5

ok digatalix on your link they show a tiffen lense , with all the hype on the dont by the cheap lenses is a tiffen lense any good ...i hope so lol , this one wont break the bank.

thanks for the link

sue
suezyque is offline   Reply With Quote