Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Add-On Lenses

Old Jun 4, 2004, 4:11 AM   #1
MrE

I wish to put a UV filter on my minolta Z2, it seems to have some sort of threading on the end. What is the easiest way to do this, do I need any adaptors, or can you use buy a uv filter and screw it on. Thanks people :-)

ps the lens is 38mm outside to outside.
Attached Images

MrE is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 4, 2004, 6:47 AM   #2

YOu have buy a tube adaptor - minolta model no,. ZCA100 then this then can take any 52mm lens. Tubes not available in Europe, only the States.

Are you enjoying your Z2, I was thinking of putting the UV filter on purely for protection, but now thinking about the wide angle lens kit (comes with an adaptor) which you can get over here. I am mostly taking pictures of 2 young boys in action inside and out, and the odd arty shot when I get a spare second...ho ho ho.....any comments on the values of a wide angle would be much appreciated ANYONE OUT THERE !

It is a great camera - anyone comparing it with the DX6490, when I held both in my hands and tried them, the Minolta won hands down, once you have experienced that speed there is no comparison, and the shots were of equal calibre once viewed.

Any advise on wide angle lens much appreciated.

Thanks

Lizzy
kathmandu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 4, 2004, 8:31 AM   #3
MrE

Yes I am really getting on with the camera, its a great buy fair play. Mmmmmmm its a bit big with all that adaptor and lens added on. It's a shame that they dont make something like a simple UV filter to screw straight into the end of the lens, plus in comparision to other camera's that kit is very pricey :-( Ah well I am going to see if I can butcher something else onto the end of the Z2 :-)if not then I'll order the adaptor from the USA and have it shipped to the UK, its only $17 inc shipping :-)

Attached Images

MrE is offline   Reply With Quote