Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Add-On Lenses

Old Jun 4, 2004, 8:16 PM   #1

Since noone seems to know what kind of filter lenses are avaliable for my C-750 mabey someone can tell me if a T-con 300 telephoto lense can be attached to my C-750.

Thank you
arowana is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 5, 2004, 8:03 AM   #2

Why don't you just go to the Olympus web site and click under 'Accessories'.
Sting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5, 2004, 10:01 AM   #3

Well I thought since this was a "Photography Site" that mabey someone would know these things and save me the time of endless searches on olympus websites for info thats not there. There are more than just olympus lenses out there that will fit my camera. I would just like to know which ones. And which ones are the best. But since its clear now that no one here wants to help I will go elsewhere and I will make sure no one else I know visits here. You need to rename this place " Steves,no help for newbies,Forums"

Thanks for nothing
Old Jun 5, 2004, 11:00 AM   #4

I did a Google search under C-750 and found the information in 3 clicks of the mouse - Lens Adapter Tube (CLA-4). Maybe if you go to the Olympus forum you will get better results/response.Just a thought.
Old Jun 5, 2004, 4:52 PM   #5

Thank you. I appreciate you looking for me. But that still doesnt tellme if the T-con 300 will fit my camera even with the CLA-4. I have the CLA-4 and the WCON 7. But I would like to have a great telephoto lense and some filter lenses like a polarized and a uv filter. Didnt mean to get "snooty" earlier but you guys seemed to help everyone else out who had much tougher questions and I thought to a bunch of camera gurus like yourselves my question would easily be answered. But thanks again for looking and responding.
Old Jun 5, 2004, 5:21 PM   #6

I cut and pasted this from the Olympus Forum. I believe it will help answer your question.

"There are only two good 3x teleconverters available which I am familiar with. The Kenko 3x is not good in my experience and the very excellent Nikon TC-E3 will only work with the tiny Nikon lenses.

That leaves only the Olympus [highlight= #ffff88]TCON[/highlight]-[highlight= #88ffff]300[/highlight], but it has two issues which make it less than satisfactory for most applications. First, it was built for the Olympus E10/E20 and does not screw on to the filter threads, but instead is connected by an included proprietary "brace" which fastens to the camera's tripod mount on one end and to the lens on the other. This connector brace holds the lens in very close proximity to the camera's objective lens (about .0020 inch) and provides a replacement tripod mount on the bottom.

The problem is that it will only work with the Olympus E10/E20 so to use the lens with any other camera, the user must fabricate their own mount. Unless you are a competent machinist with access to a good machine shop which has an optical comparitor, you will have to have the connector brace custom fabricated to your camera and the [highlight= #ffff88]TCON[/highlight]-[highlight= #88ffff]300[/highlight]. The cost will be approximately $100 to have this done.

The second issue is that you must focus this lens independently of the camera like a telescope and the lens is very expensive - maybe more than you paid for your camera. My [highlight= #ffff88]TCON[/highlight]-[highlight= #88ffff]300[/highlight] cost me a little over $600, but I've seen used ones on EBAY for around $450 or so. It's really a lot of work for a less than simple solution.

Unfortunately I know of no other decent telephoto adapters which go 3x.

Best regards,

Lin"