Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Add-On Lenses

Old Jul 8, 2004, 11:33 AM   #1

I've been looking for a telecon for my Oly C740 camera, and there were two options that fitted my needs. The Oly 1.7x tcon and the Raynox DCR2020 which is 2.2x tcon. The thing is that the Olympus 1.7 Tcon is being sold at less than 100 bucks while the Raynox has prices from 180$ to 300$ (comparing with europe prices).

I've been photographing with a SuperMacro DCR 250 lens of Raynox and I can tell they're really loyal to the pictures' quality and focus. Although the prices are somehow scary because for a non-SLR camera there's not much you can do with that lens after few years. The difference in zooming is just .5x more on Raynox than on Olympus tcon, but the price is really high. I've seen people in this forum that already own a 1.7 tcon but none that is having the raynox one so I can get opinions on what's worth the money. Well, feel free to post anything that comes to your mind. I am curious to see what made you decide for a tcon of Olympus (or for the Raynox one if so).

Cheers
DriniS

P.S. Comparing to the money and to the angle, Iordered the wide angle view lens from Raynox (DCR 6600 PRO) instead of the Olympus 0.7x wcon. It was 20 to 30 bucks cheaper. I'm getting it probably next month.
DriniS is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 10, 2004, 3:39 AM   #2

I'm waiting for one of my C-7x0 friends (in the Oly_C-700 Yahoo Group) to get a DCR-2020 before making a judgement (this person should be getting it Monday).

As for the DCR-6600Pro, it is worth EVERY penny...the lack of barrel distoation on this lens makes this a superior lens.

- Check out the Oly_C-700 Yahoo Group, discussions, fun shooting challenges for ALL C-7x0 users, http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Oly_C-700/
Mikefellh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26, 2004, 4:51 AM   #3

Hey Mike, glad to hear good comments on the DCR 6600 lens. It seems I'm gonna get it during september when someone I know is coming from US.

Did your Oly friend get the lens? How much is the 2020 lens over there, because in raynox website I've been looking for the prices and they all differ. In Nederlands it's 170 Euro, like 200 US dollars. Let me know about your comments for this extra zoom lens

Cheers
DriniS
DriniS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26, 2004, 3:33 PM   #4

We've been discussing it on the Oly C-7x0 Yahoo forums, here's the person's example site:

http://www.pbase.com/ociepka/2020

The price of the lens in Canada is also around $200USD.
Mikefellh is offline   Reply With Quote