Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Add-On Lenses

Old Sep 24, 2002, 9:21 PM   #1
Al

Default I have a dilema with buying a tele lens...can you help?

I own a 3040z camera which has a stock lens mount of 41mm. I was looking to buy a tiffen teleconverter for it. The problem is as follows.

The lens that I'm looking at is available in both a 37mm and a 43 mm. The problem is that the 43mm takes a 67mm filter, not practical and I'm sure much more expensive. On top of that I would have to purchase an additional set of filters if I decided to shoot with out the tele conv.

But here is my solution, I'm just not sure it will work, which is why I am writting here...If I were to buy the 37mm tele lens I would also purchase 52mm filters for this lens. I could also purchase another adapter ring that goes from 41 to 52mm. This would allow me to use one set of filters for both adapter set ups.

The only problem is the step down ring for the 37mm tele mount...will it work or do you think it will be to small?

Alex
Al is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 26, 2002, 6:23 AM   #2

Default Add on Lens

Go to www.2filter.com. You will see their phone number. Call them and they will help with all your questions.
gibsonpd3620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 2002, 12:06 AM   #3

You will surely have a serious vignette problem, probably a round image, if you get the 37mm. I have the Tiffen adapter and the Tiffen 2X for my 2 Olympus. I use Cokins on the tele.
Skiola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28, 2002, 9:21 PM   #4

Is there some reason why it "must" be the Tiffen teleconverter? There are better alternatives available.

Lin
Lin Evans is offline   Reply With Quote