Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Add-On Lenses

Old Oct 30, 2002, 11:23 AM   #1

Default Kenco vc-200hi lens Anyone used it?

I have a Olympus C-2100UZ. I was thinking of buying this lens as a 2X converter.

Has anyone tried this? I already have a C-180 1.7X converter and planned on connecting the two together to achiece 34X optical.

Tim
Tim-in-Indiana is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 1, 2002, 1:56 AM   #2

The two bigest problem you will run into stacking telephoto lenses are vinagretting and distortion. I made a post and then saw yours (stacking lenses???). Vinagretting is mostly just a factor of the diameter of the lens. The diameter of the threads doesn't allways directly relate to the diameter of the lens. If you could find detailed specs on the lens and can do the complex math you could calculate it but good luck on even finding the diameter of the lens much less full dimentions and specs. Any particular lens has distortion and imperfectins. good lenses are designed so that distortion is too low to matter but if you then send the Image through another telephoto you magnify the distortion as well as the image. I am not saying it wont work though. Other people have done it (see the link on my other post) and I intend to try it. :P
rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4, 2003, 1:10 PM   #3

The best combo I've found for the Oly 2100Z is with the TCON14/B300 or the TCON14/A200. Check out my website for further details at http://www.angelfire.com/ar/thecameranutjwb/
Jimmie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6, 2003, 12:43 PM   #4

I have the C4040 and the Raynox Pro 1850 and they work well in combination. You can check www.raynox.com for their lens and your camera.
gibsonpd3620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2003, 11:26 AM   #5
lg

I haven't tried out a Kenko telephoto lens, but I was not very pleased with one of their wide angle lenses. This thread about my experience might be helpful.
lg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15, 2003, 12:58 AM   #6

I have used a Kenko VC-200HI for over a year. I used it first with my HP 912, now with my Fuji S602. I am happy with it. It cost under a $100, including shipping, when I bought it. I see them online currently as low as $106 plus $5 shipping. Some reviewers have indicated that Kenko markets Tamron and Nikon 2x converters under those manufacturers names ... there might be a corporate relationship. Anyway, I am happy with the results I get for the money put in .... you can see some examples at:

http://tia-ca.tripod.com/mikessite/

Happy shooting

Mike C.
MikeC is offline   Reply With Quote