Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Add-On Lenses

Old Jan 20, 2005, 8:55 AM   #1

Hello All,

I just wanted to know how add-on lenses for fixed lens digicams work. When you use the zoom buttion on the camera, doesn't the movement of the lens hot the add on lens. I've got a Canon A95 BTW - where can i get add on lenses from (good quality brands only).

Thanks.
Mart.
incognito167 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 20, 2005, 12:07 PM   #2

Yours needs a cup shaped adaptor.I *think* theres a bezel around the lens with a release button to expose the mounting point. If you visitthe Cannon website and search these forums, then the net, I bet you'll find lots of information on all kinds of things people have done. And actual photos too!
Panzergnome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 2005, 8:17 PM   #3

The add-on lens adaptors for most fixed-lens cameras hold the add-on lens in fixed position in front of the moving main camera lens. Canon cameras have a tubular shape adaptor while many others have a holder that is attached to the tripod socket.

Some cameras have add-on lenses attached to the main lens itself (Sony DSC-F707 and -717, for example) but there are not many.
sjlivson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14, 2005, 12:15 PM   #4

Quote:
Canon cameras have a tubular shape adaptor while many others have a holder that is attached to the tripod socket.
Can anybody refer me to any online store..
or can you please provide brand names, model numbers pleeease?

I have a Conon s500, and I've been looking for any adaptors for a while with no results.
abboudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14, 2005, 2:57 PM   #5

incognito167 wrote:
Quote:
I just wanted to know how add-on lenses for fixed lens digicams work. When you use the zoom buttion on the camera, doesn't the movement of the lens hot the add on lens. I've got a Canon A95 BTW - where can i get add on lenses from (good quality brands only).
You will need an adapter tube and perhaps one or two step rings. See the following post and its previous onesfor the details. New posts about wide and telephoto converters will follow soon. http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...mp;forum_id=15

CK

http://www.cs.mtu.edu/~shene/DigiCam

Nikon Coolpix 950/990/995/2500/4500/5700 and Panasonic FZ-10 User Guides

shene is offline   Reply With Quote