Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Add-On Lenses

Old Jan 26, 2005, 7:42 PM   #1

Hi,

Is there any telephoto attachment available for Olympus C8080WZ ?

I like everything about the camera except that it is short on telephoto, just 5x optical zoom.

Please let me know.

Thanks
canong3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 27, 2005, 12:31 AM   #2

Hello

Just bought the olympus c 7000 befor christmas,also has 5x optical zoom0k, 30x optical+digital,very poor.Background is reprographics large format imaging analogue and digital, last 30 years. Wanted to buy digital camera and build a system for enlarging. Simply put these new digital cameras are awsome. The limiting factor for zoom is the lens, not ccd array. I have connected obsolte Big lense from large format copy machine and it blows the doors off of any thing you can imagine. This is simliar to using 35 mm film ( 1.5" resolving power) or 8x10 film ( 80" of resolving power) The lens on these digital camerasin my opinion are not meant for super enlargements. Obsolete lenses used on old copy machines were precision len, also large 2, 3, 4" + in diamater which when coupled afocal is unbelevable. This will not cost very much but will be a bit of a learning curve, and take experimentation and time.The two big lenses I have experimented with are the Nikon APO-NiKOR 610mm f9, and the Goertz Artar 42" f14. To think that many print shops threw these lenses into the garbage when they went to digital is a shame.The new olympus shoots tiff,and raw, as well as standard JPG. The Tff will enlarge in softeware more than JPEG without noticeable falloff.I use a trypod + remote shutter, always clear.
harold duncan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2005, 12:31 AM   #3

Hello

Just bought the olympus c 7000 befor christmas,also has 5x optical zoom0k, 30x optical+digital,very poor.Background is reprographics large format imaging analogue and digital, last 30 years. Wanted to buy digital camera and build a system for enlarging. Simply put these new digital cameras are awsome. The limiting factor for zoom is the lens, not ccd array. I have connected obsolte Big lense from large format copy machine and it blows the doors off of any thing you can imagine. This is simliar to using 35 mm film ( 1.5" resolving power) or 8x10 film ( 80" of resolving power) The lens on these digital camerasin my opinion are not meant for super enlargements. Obsolete lenses used on old copy machines were precision len, also large 2, 3, 4" + in diamater which when coupled afocal is unbelevable. This will not cost very much but will be a bit of a learning curve, and take experimentation and time.The two big lenses I have experimented with are the Nikon APO-NiKOR 610mm f9, and the Goertz Artar 42" f14. To think that many print shops threw these lenses into the garbage when they went to digital is a shame.The new olympus shoots tiff,and raw, as well as standard JPG. The Tff will enlarge in softeware more than JPEG without noticeable falloff.I use a trypod + remote shutter, always clear.
harold duncan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2005, 12:37 PM   #4

canong3 wrote:
Quote:
Hi,

Is there any telephoto attachment available for Olympus C8080WZ ?

Yes.

Have a look here. http://www.olympusamerica.com/cpg_se...t=961&fl=5

It lists all accessories available for your camera from Olympus.

Raynox have a number of lenses (with adapters)compatible with the C8080WZ.

http://www.raynox.co.jp/english/digi...80wz/index.htm

Regards,

Stevekin.

P.S. You'll be changing your username then ?
Stevekin is offline   Reply With Quote