Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Add-On Lenses

Old Mar 2, 2005, 3:23 PM   #1

I can hook up the Canon 2.4X lens to my FZ20 and get no vegnetting at 12X zoom but am unable to get the cam to focus. I have set the in cam setting to tele-tried to focus manually-and tried multiple other settings. Can anyone offer any suggestions or is this just not a compatible set up? The only reason I am trying this is because I had the tele lens from another camera. Thanks for any help.
dwssas is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 3, 2005, 12:57 AM   #2

dwssas wrote:
Quote:
I can hook up the Canon 2.4X lens to my FZ20 and get no vegnetting at 12X zoom but am unable to get the cam to focus. I have set the in cam setting to tele-tried to focus manually-and tried multiple other settings. Can anyone offer any suggestions or is this just not a compatible set up? The only reason I am trying this is because I had the tele lens from another camera. Thanks for any help.
How far away was the subject you used for focusing? A 1.7X converter has a minimum focusing distance of about 207" = 17.25 feet. A 2.4X lens will require perhaps more than 20 feet. See my FZ-10 user guide, especially the "Do You Really Need a Tele Converter? "for more details.

CK

http://www.cs.mtu.edu/~shene/DigiCam

Nikon Coolpix 950/990/995/2500/4500/5700 and Panasonic FZ-10 User Guides

shene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 6, 2005, 6:42 PM   #3

Thanks for your response. I tried your suggestion but to no avail. I think that this set up with the old A-60 tele 2.4 tele converter and the very small opening on the lens will not work period. I guess the TL-55 is my best bet.
Old Mar 6, 2005, 6:42 PM   #4

Thanks for your response. I tried your suggestion but to no avail. I think that this set up with the old A-60 tele 2.4 tele converter and the very small opening on the lens will not work period. I guess the TL-55 is my best bet.
Old Mar 16, 2005, 5:33 PM   #5

Try using the macro setting.
dnas is offline   Reply With Quote