Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Add-On Lenses

Old Apr 5, 2005, 8:01 AM   #1

I'm newbie and I would like to know if I can mount and additional lens on my s5500 and use the autofocus too. It's the same thing for all the brands.

Thanks in advance
donpigna is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 5, 2005, 4:35 PM   #2

donpigna wrote:
Quote:
I'm newbie and I would like to know if I can mount and additional lens on my s5500 and use the autofocus too. It's the same thing for all the brands.
Short answer is yes, you can mount an additional wide or tele converter lens on the S5500. It attaches to the adapter barrel which has a 55mm screw thread.
Auto focus still seems to work ok however with the tele converter (not sure about wide angle) the additional lenses are generally designed to work with the cameras lens set closer to full zoom (max focal length)... you _may_ have AF problems if you try using a very short focal length with one of these.
NivlacNZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 8, 2005, 9:20 AM   #3

I have an S5500 and am looking into getting a Teleconverter lense. I have done a bit of looking around and it seems to be that Raynox make a nice one (DCR-2020PRO 2.2X
Pro-Telephoto Conversion Lens) with a bit more power than the Fuji one at only 1.5X.....what i can't seem to find is an approximation on quality comparisons between the two.

Any comments and knowledge much appreciated.
Bubberz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 8, 2005, 9:11 PM   #4

Another problem with the converter lenses is that you can't use the on-camera flash. The OM doesn't say why but I suspect it's because of the additional length and the loss of stops. The manual also states that the Wide should be used in Wide only and the Tele used on Tele only.
CCWKen is offline   Reply With Quote