Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Add-On Lenses

Old Apr 30, 2005, 2:21 AM   #1

Hi!

I recently bought some Macro lenses for my Fuji s3500 (not sure if this is the same as the s3100 ?? Can anyone confirm?) and they've been great! They have a 55mm back thread which joins to the front of the 55mm front thread adapter which came with my camera.

Now I would like to get some telephoto & wide angle lenses, and I've found some quite cheap on ebay, but they have a 52mm back thread. There are a lot of these for sale and mostcome with a 55mm - 52mm adapter ring (going DOWN in size) I've heard that I could get some black edges on my photos , and wanted to know if this was true ? and if so if anyone has any idea why so many of them are for sale ??? (People are obviously buying them???) I'm not sure if this has anything to do with the fact that the actual lens on the camera is smaller than 55mm ? So maybe you don't notice it, and it's not like going straight from 55mm-52mm ?? But - If the blackness is true, is there are adapter that I can purchase that connects directly to the camera, and goes directly into the 52mm instead of the 55mm ?? (ie: to replace the adapter that came with the camera)

Any help in understanding this would be much apprecitated!

btw: This website is fantastic!

Thanks!

- Carly :G
PlAyDoH is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 2, 2005, 9:31 PM   #2

I found some 55mm Opteka lenses cheap on ebay, i've researched a bit.. with most people saying they're no good. They're about the top of my budget though, (I want both the telephoto & wide angle) - it's about 100$ for both. Any thoughts ? Are they THAT bad ?? ( i'm just taking photos for personal use!) - Any other recommendations around the same pricing range ?

Thanks,

- Carly
PlAyDoH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3, 2005, 9:27 AM   #3

I bought wide and tele adaptors for my A2 but I was lucky and the dealer was kind to take them back. People buy them because $100 is cheap to get all those lens, not usable. Then they were too ashame to try to return them. Go with the new or used original ones. Don't waste your time.
balr2coma0 is offline   Reply With Quote