Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Add-On Lenses

Old Jun 19, 2005, 8:44 PM   #1

I want to shoot further with a G6.Do I have to go with Canon 1.5 telphoto?Is Tiffen 2x possible with a 43 mm thread? Is Opteka any good? Anyone here have any hands on experience with this?

Thanks in advance.
bobray is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 20, 2005, 2:33 AM   #2

Hello Bobray,

Once you have an extender (adapter) installed you can actually mount anything. There are always step-up and step-down rings available to accommodate the various diameters.

Here's an excellent site providing you with various possibilities for Canon's G6: http://www.photosolve.com/main/produ.../G3/index.html

I use a lightweight compact 2x telecoverter made by DAT Digital Optics Titanium series)with which I am quite happy. Its has a 52mm diameter mount and the front-end is 58mm. You are able to mount filters, lens hood, etcon the front-end. Picked mine up cheaply via Ebay. I also use it at times with my EagleEye OpticZoom lens.

Good luck!

Herman

PS. My other messages under this forum topic also refer.
hauer54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19, 2005, 9:16 PM   #3

Hi there - I am a digital dummy and currently still like my Canon EOS - I currently also own the G6. What is the thread count on the canon adapter, which I have? I am going to follow your advise regarding the DAT - will the stepping ring that comes with it 43 - 52 fit the canon adapter? I have the canon teleconverter but I am sending it back!

Also - I have a heck of a time seeing the LCD outside - is there some setting I should be using? Can't use the viewfinder with the adapter on.

Thanks!
fly71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 22, 2005, 1:32 PM   #4

Hi Fly71 - there is a product on the market known as hoodman. Apparently it is a unit that fits over the lcd screen. I think they use velcro for mounting on the camera. If I'm not mistaken you can choose between standard vision and 2x magnification. Check out www.photosolve.com. They offer excellent service / advise.

Cheers - Herman
hauer54 is offline   Reply With Quote