Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Add-On Lenses

Old Jul 8, 2005, 7:25 PM   #1

Can anyone point me in the right direction for an add-on telephoto, wide angle, and macro lenses for the Canon Powershot A75. I have found a lot of lenses on eBay, but have ready a lot of reviews saying that they are less than satisfactory when it comes to image quality. I cannot find a telephoto lens on the Canon website made by Canon, does anyone know if there is one that fits the A75? If so, what quality/price is it?

Thanks

Dave

:?
sd11sd is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 25, 2005, 8:49 AM   #2

I have an a75 and I purchased a couple of lens on ebay. One is a .45 wide angle and the other is a 3X telephoto. They both work well. I purchased a lens adapter from the place I purchased the .45 wide lens from. It seems to be a perfect length for both lens. Give me a day or two and I will dig up exactly where and what I purchased. There are many lens on ebay and some of them are not very good (I'm told). These lens were a little more (not a lot) than some of them but seem worth it.
rickfen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25, 2005, 1:13 PM   #3

Didn't take as long as I thought to find the lens info.

I don't know whether this is cool, but here are the actual ebay search phrases. I was very happy with the transactions from Landloop and the lens were also very good (I think)
The telephoto lens is "3X TELEPHOTO LENS FOR CANON POWERSHOT A60 A70 A75 A85"
the wide angle lens is "NEW TECHNOLOGY LENS FOR CANON WC-DC52".

The telephoto lens comes with an adapter tube, however, I also purchased the adapter tube listed on the wide angle lens page (it doesn't come with the lens) it is a tiny bit shorter than the one that comes with the telephoto and seems to ensure crisper focus for the telephoto lens.
You can check these out and see the pricing, but I did a lot of research and trying other lens, and these seemed the best for the dollar.
Critical with the telephoto is using a tripod or other steadying method.
Hope this helps, I found myself in the same position when I bought my a75 - too many choices for add ons.

Old Jul 25, 2005, 2:09 PM   #4

That search shows 3 lenses
which did you get ?
the Bower 3X
the Kenko Hut300 3X
or the Opteka 3x

TechJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26, 2005, 12:42 PM   #5

I bought the bower, as I said it comes with an adapter, but I find the one I purchased from landloop to go with the wide angle works better (slightly better focus)

Old Jul 27, 2005, 12:04 PM   #6

addemdum to my last post

the adapter that comes (free) with the Bower lens has a80 stamped on it. the a80 was before the a75 camera and the replacement for the a80 was the a85 (short lived). that may be why the adapter is marginally longer than the one I bought with the wide angle lens, which is for the a75 and a85. I offer the explanation cause I wonder about these things and I thought someone else may.