Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Add-On Lenses

Old Jan 24, 2003, 12:11 AM   #1

Default Tiffen filters for Olympus C-4000

I'm cross-posting this from the Olympus forum as well. I hope that's OK.

I've just put up a webpage showing how the Tiffen 43mm circular polarizer filter works with the Olympus C-4000. Here's the link:

http://www.pbase.com/hyunyu/filters

I also have another page that shows Tiffen MegaPlus 2x telephoto converter on the C-4000:

http://www.pbase.com/hyunyu/tiffen

Thanks,

Hyun Yu
Hyun is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 25, 2003, 10:45 AM   #2

i have the same set up but i have found that if you take the uv filter off when using the polerizer you do not get vingetting at full wide angle wich you do get with both filters on as you have pictures that is the only time i take my uv filter off i also wonder if you are leaving the uv filter in when using the telephoto lens and how much of a difference that makes
mattjac33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2003, 1:33 AM   #3

i just bought an olympus 4000 and wanted to protect my lens. the 43mm tiffen with a uv filter on it, does it have any drawbacks like vignetting?
thedon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2003, 8:15 AM   #4

with the uv filter there is no vingetting it works great just make sure you clean the camera lens and both sides of the filter before putting it on then leave it on :lol: the only time you get vingetting is when you ad on other filters on top of the uv filter
mattjac33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2003, 4:58 PM   #5

I have the C-5050 and use the 41-52mm tube adaptor made by Kenko.I can use a polarizer on top of the uv filter and get absolutely no vignetting.Besides,at 52mm there is a lot more stuff available,and usually cheaper.

Ray

D490Z,C-5050
EasyRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2003, 7:24 PM   #6

There isn't any vignetting from the filter, but I believe the lens adapter tube creates a nice little shadow in the lower corner of your pics if you use it with the flash.

We bought the lens adapter so that we could use the filter for protection, and we found out that when you use it indoors with the flash on you will get a nice little shadow where you don't want it. If you zoom in you won't see it as much, but that means at least some of your shots you will definitely have to edit to get rid of the shadow.
Lyndy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2003, 7:35 PM   #7

Lyndy, try one of these their twenty bucks each.I have two.

http://www.ritzcamera.com/webapp/wcs...roductId=30235

Ray

D490Z,C-5050
Old Jan 26, 2003, 8:53 PM   #8

I would think that the Olympus preflash would pre-trigger these slaves. How do you get around that happening? Do you use these with the D490 or the C5050?
Skiola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2003, 9:16 PM   #9

I use with my C-5050.Have only had this for about five weeks.I can use as slave in slow 1 in manual mode and has ten slave adjustments.
What I mean is there is a flash slave mode that has no pre flash.The ten adjustments are for the strength of the built in flash.Hope I explained it correctly.
Ray

D490Z,C-5050
Old Jan 27, 2003, 9:50 AM   #10

Here is another that is not expensive,$30.00 at the Ritz that will also work. For cameras with a hot shoe,6.3 trigger voltage.I use this also on my C-5050.Also usable as slave.

http://www.ritzcamera.com/webapp/wcs...ductId=5728609

Ray

D490Z,C-5050