Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Add-On Lenses

Old Oct 5, 2005, 7:09 AM   #1

I want to use a TCON-17 teleconverter with my second camera but the adapter tube I have is 5mm longer than the 'proper' adapter tube meaning the TCON will be 5mm further away from the cameras zoom lens. Will this alter the multiplication factor (I'm thinking it is like using an extension tube)? Any other likely problems like vignetting?:?

PS I can't just try it as a step up ring will be needed to fit the adapter tube to the second camera.
bilzmale is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 7, 2005, 7:24 AM   #2

Gidday

Should only cause vignetting -what cam are you connecting to.

I have Canon S2,Pana FZ5,Oly C770 and only had to emory-rub the FZ5 adapter to get the Tcon17 to fit -vignetting gone after about 3-4X zoom on all cams

Just tested hand holding Tcon17 about 8mm further away from end of adapter -maybe 4-5X vignetting stops

Have also used filter between adapter and Tcon-didn't affect focal length,but did get ghosting when shooting the moon

cheers Dom

roxydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 8, 2005, 1:48 AM   #3

Hello Dom, will want to use it on a Fuji S5500. With my Oly C5050 I have to use the TCON at full (3x) zoom to avoid vignetting. Will just have to wait until I get the step-up ring and try it.
Old Oct 13, 2005, 3:36 AM   #4

Now have the step-up ring and everything works as before - no effect I can see on focal length or magnification and similar vignetting below 4x zoom.