Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Add-On Lenses

Old Jan 11, 2006, 7:19 PM   #1

Just purchased the Canon S2 IS. I am interesting in purchasing some filters and maybe the teleconverter and wide angle converter for this camera. Originally, a photoshop sold the camera, lenses, and converters all as a pacakge. But, I purchased elsewhere due to warranty concerns. I am new to using these accessories. Could someone provide some input. Also, does Canon include the adapter ring with the camera. I thought I read somewhere that it did include the ring. Your input is greatly appreciated! Thank you for reading and taking the time to answer!
bonnshack is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 11, 2006, 8:25 PM   #2

The adapter ring is not supplied with the camera. It's considered as an optional extra. (At least that's the situation in Canada)
JockScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2006, 9:54 PM   #3

Do you have to purchase this adapter ring from Canon, or can you get it at a Photoshop.. or Bestbuy.. Circuit City.. Ritz Camera? Do you have this camera? Do you like it? Have you used it with filters and additional lenses?
Old Jan 12, 2006, 12:19 PM   #4

Hi, you'll probably need to go to a photo store that sells Canon equipment. I don't think places like CircuitCity or BestBuy are likely to carry it. Or you could order it from Amazon or something like that. I myself ordered the 52mm lensmate adapter for it. I prefer the matching silver (but that's just me), and since I already had a 52mm polarizer, it made sense for me.
leonard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2006, 12:32 PM   #5

So, the 52 mm is the size of adapter ring that I need. Right?
Old Jan 12, 2006, 12:47 PM   #6

Well, not necessarily. If you buy the Canon adapter you will get a 58mm adapter. If you get a lensmate adapter, you can choose either 52mm or 58mm. Since I already had a 52mm filter from my previous camera (S1), it made sense for me to stick with the 52mm adapter so I can still use the filter.

This is a quote from the lensmate FAQ:
9. Which adapter should I buy?
If you're only using filters, asun hood,a macro lens, or any of the wide converters tested here (except the Canon WC-DC58A .75x), get the 52mm adapter. If you're using the Canon converters or already have 58mm filters or accessories, get the 58mm adapter.

PS: Just noticed you are a steeler fan... me too... hope they pound Indy this weekend (not holding my breath though).
leonard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2006, 8:30 AM   #7

Thanks for the input. May head out to Ritz Camera today. How 'bout those Steelers! Now, here we come Denver!
Old Jan 29, 2006, 11:08 PM   #8

Do you like the lensmate?* I am thinking of purchasing a kit with the wide angle and telephoto.* How are they regarding quality?* I want something that will match the silver but will also give me options of lense adapters.* I am new to digital photography so I am looking for feedback and information.* Thanks.
ChefPsych is offline   Reply With Quote