Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Add-On Lenses

Old Mar 18, 2006, 9:52 PM   #1

Took this pic at a HS basketball playoff game in a large arena using a Kodak DX7590. I was probably at least three rows up in the stands. I am somewhat pleased with the pic considering I do not have any additional lenses for my camera. However, I would still like to get in closer. The local camera shop said I would not be happy with adding a telephoto to my camera - due to a lense looking through a lense. Does anyone have a similar camera that you have added a telephoto lens and like the results.:?

Thanks

Attached Images

in_the_gym is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 19, 2006, 2:56 PM   #2

The guy at your local camera shop has no idea what he's talking about. I use the OLYMPUS TCON 1.7 part number 200862, and the KODAK TCON 1.4 part number 8756488 I'm sure is off the highest quality. The KODAK lens adapter part number 1525088 will be needed and work with both.

Look here

http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/view_forum.php?id=18

You can find the lens at Page Computer and B&H for less money

Page

http://newsite.pagecomputers.com/store/

B&H

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/

sw2cam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19, 2006, 6:23 PM   #3

Thanks for another opinion. One more stupid question -- if I get this lense, will I have to use a tripod or can I still get some good shots hand-held.

Thanks again:!::!::!:
in_the_gym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19, 2006, 7:16 PM   #4

The more you zoom the more you need to steady the cam. Tripod, monopod, or resting on something. A stonger flash is also a good idea. I bought a Quantaray sync flach part number QBSZ-370, and a Quantaray mount part number 22-166-0434 from Ritz/Wolf camera. It works very well.
Old Apr 17, 2006, 3:04 PM   #5

I am experiancing difficulties with my newly purchased lenses. They are opteka lenses and I am using the Kodak dx7590 camera.
The 3.2x telephoto lens gives me just terrible pics as if the camera does not recognize the lens as well as the wide angle lens will produce photos with the centre focused but both sides are blurry.
Do I need to change any settings on the camera so it will recognize the lenses?
Ruth
ruththiessen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5, 2006, 4:31 PM   #6

For the wide angle converter try setting the camera on MACRO and zoom back to the widest position and keep it there.
maxpixels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6, 2006, 7:05 PM   #7

ruththiessen wrote:
Quote:
I am experiancing difficulties with my newly purchased lenses. They are opteka lenses and I am using the Kodak dx7590 camera.
The 3.2x telephoto lens gives me just terrible pics as if the camera does not recognize the lens as well as the wide angle lens will produce photos with the centre focused but both sides are blurry.
Do I need to change any settings on the camera so it will recognize the lenses?
Ruth

Those lenes have a history of not working on the DX7590. Matter of fact they have a history of not working to well on any camera.
Old May 12, 2006, 9:43 AM   #8

Want to go wide with the DX7590?

Then this is what a Sony VCL-MHG07 .7X wide converter with 52mm threaddoes for a DX6490. So it will fit the DX7590 as well.

You MUST set the lens at full wide (38mm) and on MACRO, otherwise you will not get the green focus light.

You can put apolariser (like here), or any kind of 52mm filter between the converter and the lens.

Max

Attached Images

maxpixels is offline   Reply With Quote