Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Add-On Lenses

Old Mar 22, 2006, 3:37 PM   #1

hi :|,

I have the Phayee adapter for Panasonic FZ20 and want to use 62mm filters. Now I'm looking to buy Collapsible Lens Hood. My question what size lens hood I supposed to look for ?

Should I put 62mm Hood on the first section of adapter or 72mm Hood on second section of adapter and why?
And is there any major differences between Collapsible Lens Hoods?
Thank you :bye:
GEDDA is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 2, 2006, 4:14 PM   #2

Hi, the best I can do for you is to send you to another section here that has covered the questions you are asking.* I have the same set up as you and I am following the advise given there.* I just ordered the 72mm hood from Adorama yesterday for about $20 + $8 shipping.* The info that I have found is that the Adorama and the Hama are exactly the same.* The Hama is listed as $30 + $5 shipping from Hama so I saved some by buying it from Adorama.* I am unable to copy the address so you will have to do a search here to get to it.* *You want to do the search under Digital Cameras, Panasonic.* Now type in. "Question about filters".* This should take you to the correct page and look for the entries made by Rezajune.**Good luck, Allen
mebareit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10, 2006, 10:39 AM   #3

I think i would get both. For me i get the purple glare streaks using the stock lens and telephoto. It depends on wich you use most i would say.

If you use it with or without the adapters most then get that hood. I think it would be better to have both.

THere is a site called "Free lens hoods" where it shows you how to make them from construction paper. You click the PDF for the size you have and it prints out a diagrahm and you simply cut it out of the paper and tape it on. Using black craft paper should look fine and can slip right into an envelope for your bag.
BowerR64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10, 2006, 8:42 PM   #4

i have a copy of the 62mm Hama hood for my FZ20/Phayee combo, and it works perfectly. cost me less than $10 on ebay...
squirl033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 15, 2006, 2:24 AM   #5

Hi,

Seems there are no Phayee Adapters available any more. Any other recommendations for adapter for FZ-20?
wise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5, 2006, 2:48 PM   #6

I use CRing Adapter and CRings from jk-consultants. LoveLife is a fellow Panasonic owner and designed this CRing system especially for the F15, F20. Made of anodized aluminum the quality is superb and gets the add on lenses closer to camera lens for better picture. It cost a little more but having metal threads is a lot stronger. Some of the add on lenses get quite heavy. I stack TCON 17 on TCON 14b with no worry at all.

Don
d-sr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9, 2006, 1:51 AM   #7

I tried to order one of the phayee tubes and got the other style. They said no more to me also.
Old May 11, 2006, 5:53 PM   #8

d-sr wrote:
Quote:
I use CRing Adapter and CRings from jk-consultants. LoveLife is a fellow Panasonic owner and designed this CRing system especially for the F15, F20. Made of anodized aluminum the quality is superb and gets the add on lenses closer to camera lens for better picture. It cost a little more but having metal threads is a lot stronger. Some of the add on lenses get quite heavy. I stack TCON 17 on TCON 14b with no worry at all. http://cgi.ebay.com/CRing-Adapter-Ra...QQcmdZViewItem

Don
considering the front threads of the TCON-14B are 86mm, and the rear threads of the TCON-17 are 55mm, how many step-down rings do you have to put on the TCON-14B to makethe -17fit?
Old May 13, 2006, 1:55 PM   #9

Depends on wich adapter you get. For my camera they make 2, the 52mm and the 58mm adapter. If im using the 52mm i need the 52-55 step ring, if im using the 58mm i need the 58-55 step ring.

Remember when you order the rings read what it says about what they do. You will want it to say "to fit 55mm filters on a 52, or 58mm lens" they always think you are trying to adapt filters to a lens. Pretend the teleconverter is a filter that is 55mm. This wil help you get the right step ring.
Old May 13, 2006, 11:43 PM   #10

BowerR64 wrote:
Quote:
Depends on wich adapter you get. For my camera they make 2, the 52mm and the 58mm adapter. If im using the 52mm i need the 52-55 step ring, if im using the 58mm i need the 58-55 step ring.

Remember when you order the rings read what it says about what they do. You will want it to say "to fit 55mm filters on a 52, or 58mm lens" they always think you are trying to adapt filters to a lens. Pretend the teleconverter is a filter that is 55mm. This wil help you get the right step ring.
none of those will get you even close to adapting the 55mm threads of a TCON-17 to the 86mm front threads of a TCON-14B...