Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Add-On Lenses

Old Mar 29, 2006, 4:10 PM   #1

Is there anything available like this? if you flip a telephoto lens around it becomes wide. Is there anything that you can just unscrew it flip it around and screw it back in the other way?
BowerR64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 29, 2006, 8:38 PM   #2

Don't know about a tele to wide lens like you mention, but if you have an SLR camera you can get a reversing ring that lets you reverse a lens and screw it on from the front. Usually this is just for macro work, though.

If you are using a SLR, the tele to wide lens is easy to find....it's called a zoom. Are you looking for this accessory for a non-SLR? If so, what kind of camera?

Grant
granthagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5, 2006, 9:27 AM   #3

Yeah its for an A70 powershot. I found one i should get it this week and ill post some results. I cant wait to get it.
Old Apr 5, 2006, 6:43 PM   #4

I found 2 i should get the small one in here soon. Its a 37mm for my A70 the mount is a little swivel that pivots in the center of the lens with 2 pins. You pull it out and spin it to the other side and it changes from wide to 1.5 teleconverter. Seems like a neat idea for a P&S

I found another one that is a 46mm that might work for a higher end P&S i may try it for my S2 if the 37mm one looks decent.
Old Apr 26, 2006, 1:19 AM   #5

Hi Bower64

Did you ever get that twofer add-on lens?Is it any good?

--Steve
DigitalNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27, 2006, 12:21 PM   #6

Yeah, i like it. I have like 4 of them now. There is different versions of it but they do the same thing. Its a neat idea!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTPLwGRd6W0

and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGrMScP4_6U
Old Apr 27, 2006, 2:14 PM   #7

Thanks BoweR64, way cool!

Can you point me toward websites where I can check out price and specs for the 2 different lens shown in your videos? Which lens do you prefer? Are they sharp -- I'm already thinking my S2 IS images are a little soft.

Thanks! Steve

Old Apr 27, 2006, 2:22 PM   #8

I found them on e-bay, there is a guy who has the "gyro" 2n1 lens from canada his name on e-bay is "buyfromdave" i think if you search gyro lens you can find it.

Another on e-bay is called the "one touch lens" if you search that you should find it.

The little one is 37mm threads and you can get 37mm adapters, the others are 46 and i think 55mm.

I just got lucky and found them, i search e-bay just about every day for "telephoto" and then just search every page. There are some really weird rare converter lenses on e-bay from time to time. I just get what i think looks like it might work. Some do some dont.

I got this one it came off of a projector, a film projector or somthing and it said it was .75-1.5X and it sounded cool so i got it and it freakin works! i need a ste ring for it to fit on but i tested it using duck tape to mount it for testing and at both ends i get a nice image.

Are you just wanting a 2n1 lens or are you wanting a telephoto? The Tiffen one touch is by far the best ive tried so far. But there are some other good telephotos you can find cheap that are not 2n1.
Old Apr 27, 2006, 5:31 PM   #9

BowerR64 wrote:
Quote:
<snip>

Are you just wanting a 2n1 lens or are you wanting a telephoto? The Tiffen one touch is by far the best ive tried so far. But there are some other good telephotos you can find cheap that are not 2n1.

More telephoto is always nice (even tho my S2 IS is 432mm equiv.) but I wouldn't mind getting wider on its short end (36mm) either. I think 28mm equiv. is the widest I've seen on the Canon fixed-lens digitals.
Old Apr 28, 2006, 12:43 AM   #10

1.5X puts it over 600mm they seem cheaper because everyone wants 2 and 3X