Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Add-On Lenses

Old Apr 21, 2003, 5:57 AM   #1

Default OLYMPUS TCON 300 LENS

Hi all ,
Has any body out there got the TCON 300 lens if so how is the image quality ,The reason I asked I'm thinking of buying one myself and are there any drawbacks to this lens?
Mick from U/K
mickcrowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 21, 2003, 7:29 AM   #2

Yes, the TCON-300 is excellent glass and very well made. There are two down sides as I see it. First, it must be attached with a brace which comes with the lens. The brace attaches to the lens via a sole plate and to the camera via the tripod mount. The brace then provides a substitute tripod mount. Second, the TCON-300 must be adjusted independently since it has no "fixed focus" like most teleconverters.

If you wish to use it with other camers (other than E10/E20) you must fabricate your own mount. I use it with my Sony DSC-F707, Fuji S602Z, Olympus C2100UZ, Olympus E-100RS and Olympus E10.

Lin
Lin Evans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28, 2003, 9:58 PM   #3

Default Re: OLYMPUS TCON 300 LENS

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickcrowe
Hi all ,
Has any body out there got the TCON 300 lens if so how is the image quality ,The reason I asked I'm thinking of buying one myself and are there any drawbacks to this lens?
Mick from U/K
Before you purchase that B-300, you better take a look at the TCON-17, which suppose to be a better version of the B-300 and is being sold at a much reasonable price of $99.95 at www.adorama.com

Look at the image comparison HERE!!! Compare, and think to yourself if that B-300 is worth $200.00?
gmlasam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28, 2003, 11:35 PM   #4

I think the poster is talking about the TCON-300 which is not the B-300.....

Lin
Lin Evans is offline   Reply With Quote