Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Mobile Devices (Tablets, Smart Phones) > Android

Old Sep 14, 2013, 5:40 PM   #1

Default Samsung Galaxy S4

Here is a pic my wife took thru the patio doors of our grandson and one of our dogs with the above smartphone. She doesn't do much photography.
Old Sep 14, 2013, 5:46 PM   #2

Sorry didn't attach first time.
Attached Images

Old Sep 15, 2013, 12:29 PM   #3

Now that's a cute shot! Looks like your wife is a natural.

Take care and Happy Shooting!
tacticdesigns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 2013, 3:11 AM   #4

Very cutey pics and look like a Professional shoot carry on.
Joepal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 2013, 7:40 PM   #5
Administrator

I've avoided using my phones for photos in the past, but that really doesn't look bad at all.

Unfortunately, my older Samsung phone failed recently (thinking it was charging with no cable plugged in, etc. --- apparently due to a short in the charging/USB port, since wiggling the connection would sometimes "fix" it temporarily.

I tried contact cleaners, different cables, etc But, it was a lost cause unless I wanted to perform surgery and try to replace the female USB mini port in the phone (not a standard connection, but one that appeared to be proprietary to Samsung).

it was more than 2 years old, so i just bought another phone. But, I made the mistake of buying an HTC model that was on sale, and made an even bigger mistake by keeping it past the allowed return period.

Oh well... live and learn. I haven't tried the camera yet. But, mobile signal strength is awful compared to my older Samsung (and yes, I updated software, PRL tables, etc.); and the GPS signal drops every other block in areas the Samsung worked flawlessly in when I try to use navigation software. In addition, everyone complains about echo when I talk to them, and more. Grrrrrr

I don't like to "bash" a manufacturer in forums. But, IMO, I'd suggest avoiding HTC phone models and just stick to Samsung. Despite my financial loss if selling it now (since I've only had this new phone for a few weeks), I'll probably order a new Samsung model and sell the HTC for whatever I can get for it on Ebay.

Samsung phones may not be perfect. But, I didn't realize how well they worked until buying a different brand.
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11, 2013, 12:01 AM   #6

nick1946,

Wonderful photo. I've owned four different manufacturer's phones with cameras over the years and I have been very impressed with the Samsung Galaxy 4 photos. Almost zero shutter lag, and the cutesy modes really make it an attractive second camera.
selvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2013, 8:45 AM   #7

Thanks all for the replies, they are appreciated and my wife was especially pleased. Sorry for late reply back, stuff going on and have not been on the site for awhile.