Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Animal & Pet Photos

Old Sep 23, 2006, 10:47 PM   #1

Not stupid, but so cute! Poor little orphan dachshund lost her Mama. Co-worker is
bottle feeding her every couple of hours.
Attached Images

tigerwings1st is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 24, 2006, 2:38 PM   #2

Poor sod. Good thing that someone takes care when its mother can`t anymore. I do realy believ in the saying, that you prove your humanity in the way that you treat animals.

Sad theme, good pic.

Cheers,
RealMash
RealMash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2006, 2:59 PM   #3

Pretty black cat! and nice sentiment. Here's another cute photo of puppy her paws up ~
Attached Images

Old Sep 25, 2006, 11:19 PM   #4

It's great that someone would take the time and effort to look after this little orphaned puppy. It's that fact that make these very happy pics, IMHO.
toshi43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 26, 2006, 7:22 PM   #5

Right-o. glad you like the pics. Our replies show that cat-lovers like puppies, too!
Old Sep 27, 2006, 9:30 AM   #6

Thanks for the pics.

Makes me think that there is more good in the world than might sometimes appear.

Jim
jlarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 2006, 7:55 PM   #7

That is so adorable! We had a stray cat once living in our garage, and about a week after it had kittens, the mom got hit by a car. We had to do the same thing with the hand feeding and teaching them how to go to the bathroom - all that fun stuff. It's a lot of hard work, so kudos to her for doing that!

Melissa
ride16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29, 2006, 11:45 PM   #8

Well, it has nothing to do with liking pups. It has to do with responsability. If someone or sth. can not provide for itself, you have, if you can do so. If we(my family) came home, animals went first-they can not articulate their needs. Than children, then the grown ups(O.K.-Babies go before animals;-). Easy.

The Black cat is actually an ex Housecat-its humans moved away and did not take him with them. So he came to us and looked for shelter. The other cats hate him, but he does not mind and seems to hope they mellow. Goes to his old home to look for his humans, from time to time. Don´t get me wrong, he likes us. But he has to share with six other cats (that arrived more or less the same way, but four do stem from one family (Two sisters still alive, one was to shy to be neutered, but not to shy to reproduce, so there are two more cats)) and he would like some humans for his own ;-)

Cheers,
RealMash
Old Sep 30, 2006, 7:58 PM   #9

I agree with you! You tell that pretty Blackie that I'd love to be his human if
I wasn't so far away. What part of Germany is Karlsruhe in?
Old Oct 1, 2006, 6:53 AM   #10

Thanks Tigerwing!

I´ll tell him. Karlsruhe is virtually at the French/German Border. It´s in the South-West of Germany. The Map has a sharp indention from France in to Germany there. There are some cats one can see here(two beautifull (I lately see only one left:-{) turkish van cats live across the backyard), but mostly they live indoors. This is a medium sized city.

My Parents are living in the eifel, not just at the border of Belgium, but more close to the rhine, not far from Bonn (former capital before reunification). There the cats live-they can go outdoor anytime they please, few cars (eventhough we lost some cats to accidents like poisoning(we suspect some neighbour) or had them shot down by hunters (that shot at something moving not knowing what it was!) it is realtively safe). It`s a rural area. But when you are working in IT it is not an ideal place to find a job. My dad did so, too, and he had to travel about an hours drive to work. The fuel is very expensive over here, and they cut tax deductabilty of this drive, so in fact, it´s at the brink of breaking even. My area of work is very specialized and I´m a consultant, so I do travel a lot and can not have a cat, or two. I´m the older brother cat at home, that disappears for months on hunting trips, and brings them treats like italian or austrian catfood, which of course, is a little different and as cats love the change (in Food) they are happy to greet me ;-)

Lately I did have to intervene cat-wise in Karlsruhe. I was going outside the house to the waiting taxicab, when I did see the most bizarre sight: A cat hanging from the balcony on first level with only its front paws on the concrete and its complete rest dangling in the air. It looked down several times, and tried to drag itself up again, but before I could go over the street to catch it, it decided to let go and drop down. It was out of sight because of a parking car, but reappeared at the Houses frontdoor looking up and appearing a bit dazelled. So I went over to ring for its owner to open the door (carts are smart but...) and when I came close the cat beat it up the street. So I did ring and after some yelling down the stairway, could bring the peple on the first floor to believe their cat jumped!. Two little girls came out on the balcony shouting to their mom that they did in fact see their cat some houses down the road. I was satisfied that things went into capable and responsible hands, went to my cab and left for work. When I came back in the early night, the little escape artist was already looking down agin from the balcony. Seems it was not the first time he did that.

I do love happy endings. Wish it was that all the time ;-)

Cheers,
RealMash