Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Animal & Pet Photos

Old Aug 6, 2003, 12:24 AM   #1

Default Kittens - Day Sixteen

From left to right - Jennika (female), Shadora (female), and Kamikaze (male).

Admitedly, this is a simple snapshot. However, I'm just a housewife in love with my dinky little Nikon CP-995. I enjoy looking at the photos of others who visit here, but have no plans to become much more of a hobbyist than I already am (mostly a clarification so I don't get torn apart too much for posting as a novice among the professionals here...)

~ Deena
Deena is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 6, 2003, 7:23 AM   #2

Awwwww.... too cute.
Norm66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6, 2003, 2:09 PM   #3

Deena,
I think it is a wonderful shot

The expression in Shadora's eyes is priceless.
I'm certainly not a professional and I really don't think it is anyone's intention to shoot people down here. When I first joined the forum a couple of months ago, I sometimes thought that some of the comments made on people's photos were harsh, but I really don't think they are meant that way. A lot of the people viewing the pics are looking at them in a technical sense and are therefore, offering technical improvements. I really think that the criticisms are offered to help improve the photographer's skills- that's all.

That being said, your photo captures a wonderful moment in time and you should be proud of it.

Thanks for sharing
jazcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6, 2003, 2:52 PM   #4

Jazzcan, nice pep talk.

As the recipient of a few negative comments in my short time here I struggled somewhat with the same feelings as Deena. For example, "...your shots are what most people would have erased already looking at the LCD." :? But I'm developing a thicker skin and really trying to learn. I really do get the feeling that folks here do not mean to belittle anyone. Honesty can sometimes sound harsh, but I'd much rather have the truth than be lied to. How else do you learn?

Cheers!
Old Aug 10, 2003, 9:30 PM   #5

Hi Deena

Thank you for sharing your wonderful photo of "triplet kittens".

Each has a unique, whimsical expression.

Please, Deena...no "apologies" needed.

When I was growing we had two Siamese cats (sisters) which
we had fo rmany, many years. Seeing your photo brought back memories of their two distinct personalities and antics.

Also, "Deena" and "Jazcan"...your collective collection has
been a delight.

Keep the faith ...

I very much look forward to your future contributions and
consider it a privelege to view them.

Thanks for sharing!
digcamfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10, 2003, 10:02 PM   #6

Deena,

Welcome to the forum. In general, we are gentle souls trying to learn from each other. Occasionally we get carried away and talk about removing things from LCD screens ala "Norm66" but even those are meant to be friendly frank advice not harsh criticisms.

I'll tell you what most posters fear above criticism, that no one will respond to the posting. It's like having a party and no one attends. I've seen some individuals re-post begging for attention. Enuf of that.

Very cute kittens. This is the kind of shot that belongs on a calendar that you send to your friends.
Aloha.
selvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11, 2003, 9:02 AM   #7

"I'll tell you what most posters fear above criticism, that no one will respond to the posting. It's like having a party and no one attends. I've seen some individuals re-post begging for attention. Enuf of that."

LOL, I've done that too!

Enuf of that indeed.

Sometimes you just have to laugh. :roll: :lol:
Old Aug 13, 2003, 12:27 AM   #8
SSD

OMG! These babies are soooo cute! I love the picture. I have 8 rescued puppies, and I can't get them to sit still long enough to get a good picture!
SSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26, 2003, 5:31 PM   #9

Hard to resist a kitten

BTW, dont use flash on them, you could injure their eyes. This goes for all babies.
sasc is offline   Reply With Quote