Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Animal & Pet Photos

Old Jun 26, 2007, 3:05 PM   #1

I thought it did not need cropping (eyeballing the shadow in the back), but sox looks like he's kinda sitting on a hill or slight grade or something (which he was not).

~aloha~
Hawaii Built is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 26, 2007, 3:59 PM   #2

Beuatifull pic, Cat at 1/3 left(remember the rule of the thirds...), looking to the outside..through the void of the rest of the pic. I would say very good composition !

And I like the cat. We had one that was looking quite similar, incredible personality, mighty hunter (braught in littel rabbits he hardly could carry, tried to persuade everybody to believe that he caught the fawn that the fox did do in(and he probabaly chased away_afterwards_, and he lorded over, to show us what a mighty hunter he was...coming in and calling eveybody to come out to his mighty prey...one of the most human centered cats I ever met..;-).

Thanks for the pic, brought back fond memeories...
when I was a kid, had a cat and a life.

Cheers,
RealMash

RealMash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26, 2007, 11:24 PM   #3

Great shot (maybe level it a bit), I like the composition, gorgeous cat. I have 3 of 'em, love 'em all, and now I want yours...:love:
flippedgazelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28, 2007, 8:25 PM   #4

thank you for the kind words. "The SOX" came with my house. don't know why, but we refer to him as stated above - he is kinda noble in a way, super friendly, and very spoiled. Before moving into this house, I have to admit that I disliked (read hated) cats. The SOX really turned me around - now he's a member of our family.

I tried to straighten him out in the picture, but could not do so without cutting a section of his front paw off. I don't think The SOX would appreicate that very much.
Old Jun 29, 2007, 12:21 PM   #5

Hi Hawaii Built,

Sox is a beautiful cat. You also have a nice photograph. I do some pet shots so I know how lucky you were to get a nice sitting cat photo. They usually never sit that nice when I pull out a camera or even just point one at them.

I messed a little with your picture to see how it would look cropped as a portrait. I will not use it for anything. Just wanted you to let me know what you think.

Ronnie
Attached Images

Ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29, 2007, 3:15 PM   #6

howzit ronnie~

thank you for the portraitizing my snapshot. i love the way that the (dodged or blurred?) borders kinda draw my eyeballs into the subject... don't wanna show sox this as it may lead him to think even HIGHER of himself... he alreadymeows and walks around like he's the cat's meow. :G

~aloha~ ...and happy friday!