Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Animal & Pet Photos

Old Aug 22, 2007, 11:54 PM   #1

While hubby and I were walking the pooch, we happened on a nice patch of Blue Bonnets (Texas' state flower).

Doja decided to pose prettily for us amidst all that blue.. and I could not resist a couple of snaps. Pardon the brightness - it was high noon and the polarizer was not to be had that day.

And yes, she is a pit bull.

~Tiger

taken with the Uzi.
Attached Images

TigerLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 23, 2007, 12:40 AM   #2

beauty and the beast?
daler63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 2008, 10:30 PM   #3

She is no beast. She has her CGC cert, passed her ATTS test with very high marks, and is a certified therapy dog working in several nursing homes. She is well loved and spoiled by many, many little old people who need a loving dog to curl up next to them for awile and show some gentle affection to them

~Tiger

daler63 wrote:
Quote:
beauty and the beast
Old Mar 11, 2008, 11:46 PM   #4

Location: Northeast Passage 10; Gothenburg, Sweden, Northern Europe, Planet Earth, Outskirts of Milky Way, Uni

TigerLady wrote:
Quote:
While hubby and I were walking the pooch, we happened on a nice patch of Blue Bonnets (Texas' state flower).

Doja decided to pose prettily for us amidst all that blue.. and I could not resist a couple of snaps. Pardon the brightness - it was high noon and the polarizer was not to be had that day.

And yes, she is a pit bull.

~Tiger

taken with the Uzi.
Such a friendly face and full of expectations. Great colours

Torgny

Torgny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12, 2008, 2:08 PM   #5

Cute picture. We use to have a Pit Bull also, he was a great dog and a big baby most of the time. Only time he ever went after someone was when a man tried to pull my daughter (7 years old) into his van. The man decided to leave in a hurry, he was arrested later that day. Dogs are what they have been trained to be by their owners. We all loved the dog the Our Gang kids had and it was a Pit Bull.:G
Calicajun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12, 2008, 2:26 PM   #6

Torgny wrote:
Quote:

Such a friendly face and full of expectations. Great colours

Torgny

Thank you, Torgny. She is a happy go lucky girl :-)

~Tiger
Old Mar 12, 2008, 2:39 PM   #7

Calicajun wrote:
Quote:
Cute picture. We use to have a Pit Bull also, he was a great dog and a big baby most of the time. Only time he ever went after someone was when a man tried to pull my daughter (7 years old) into his van. The man decided to leave in a hurry, he was arrested later that day. Dogs are what they have been trained to be by their owners. We all loved the dog the Our Gang kids had and it was a Pit Bull.:G
Thank you. So many people only believe what the media vomitsout on these dogs.
They do not know the breed at all and make inaccurate assumptions a lot of times based only on what they see, or hear on the news.
It makes my blood boil.

Granted, there are some bad pibbles out there. But there are far, far many more who make wonderful family members, therapy dogs, law enforcement dogs, search and rescue dogs, etc. There are many different breeds of dogs who could be called "bad dogs" out there, but they all have ONE thing in common:

An irresponsible owner on the other end of the chain.

If a pibble even growls at someone - it is splashed across the newspaper in a negative manner. But if a Labrador Retriever mauls someone, it seldom even makes the news and THAT happens with greater regularity than the media would have one believe.

If you raise a dog positively and expect positive things from them - that is what you will get. A happy, responsive friendly dog. If, on the other hand you raise a dog to be mean, or you chain it all alone in the yard and only interact with it when you throw him his food - you will have a neurotic, suspicious, unfriendly dog who is a hair's breadth from potential violence.

~Tiger
Old Mar 12, 2008, 2:58 PM   #8

Good to see you doing great things with the dogs
Calicajun is offline   Reply With Quote