Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Animal & Pet Photos

Old Dec 9, 2007, 8:19 PM   #1
spy

My cat this morning was lying in her typical spot a top the living room couch peering out the front window and from time to time it would seem she was contemplating a thing or two.

20d, 70 - 200 2.8, non IS, ISO 1600
Attached Images

spy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 9, 2007, 10:36 PM   #2

I'm getting to know this cat lately! Gourgeous cat, and gorgeous shot. I must say as a new Dark-Sider, I'm somewhat jealous of that sqeuaky clean 1600!
David French is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2007, 7:29 PM   #3
spy

The "squeeky clean" look is quick post editing pass through "Noiseware Pro".

If you don't have the program, it is a must have. There is a free download of the "Noiseware Community" edition which is excellent in its own right.

Click on this, scroll down to the bottom to "Free Download". Keep in mind, this is for PC's only.

www.imagenomic.com/nwsa.aspx

Thanks for your comments!

Kevin
Old Dec 11, 2007, 1:01 AM   #4

I'm a Neat Image user myself.. a necessity from struggling with my point and shoot for a couple of years.

Wow, I never would have known you used NR PP on this image, at least not at this resolution. Canon does have the edge when it comes to high ISO though, so it was natural for me to assume.
Old Dec 11, 2007, 8:15 AM   #5
spy

I haven't tried Neat Image as I've always used Noiseware. The first year (out of three of photography) I used Noiseware Community then advanced to the Pro edition.

Canon DSLR's are excellent products to shoot with and I am a believer in that your equipment "base" must be high quality in order to post edit something "great". Of course part of the final image is being able to capture it but the digital image 'in camera' is only the start. Just like the "foundation" of a house is not the house but a start to the end product.

All my 'keepers' are run through cs3 and noiseware pro to achieve the final product for print or for my website. www.poetryofmotion.com

I can say that I have truly enjoyed my three years of shooting so far and look forward quite passionately to many more to come !

Kevin
Old Dec 11, 2007, 1:02 PM   #6

Nice galleries!