Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Animal & Pet Photos

Old Dec 30, 2008, 4:54 PM   #1

thought i would upload my first two pictures one of my brothers dog jelly and then one of the dogs i rescued .

jelly

braddock

simple is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 31, 2008, 12:26 AM   #2

More info please... What breed is Jelly, and what is Braddock's story? He looks like a Boston Terrier. Great pics.. Robert
Hawgwild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2008, 7:20 AM   #3

jelly is a chinese crested dog , like a handbag type LOL my brother went from one extreme to another he had a very large dog de bourdeux before and was a real beauty and he was placed in a few competitions but unfortuanaty he was put to sleep due to very bad ill health

goose the bear de bourdeux (r.i.p)

as for braddock he is a staffordshire bull terrier cross american bulldog i also have a akita cross american bulldog... we rescued braddock from the RSPCA he had been ill treated and underfed when we got him , he had been home'd 3 times in 3 month but returned each time as i guess some people dont realize the comittment of owning a dog and the time some rescue dogs take to settle in and re-adjust to a loving family.

he is very settled with us now , and is loyal as they come ....a little patients goes a long way he as also been placed 1st and 2nd in two charity competitions that we have entered him in:-)

Old Dec 31, 2008, 11:37 PM   #4

Thanks for the enlightenment.. I have never seen a chinese crested before now. As for Braddock, I think it is great you rescued him, and yes you are absolutely right about animals being a huge responsibility. My dog has been rather expensive during his sixteen months on earth. I wonder if someone else would have treated him the way I do. Anyway, keep posting. People on this forum don't seem to reply to pet posts as they do about cameras and lenses,etc. But it's fun seeing other's pet pics. Robert

Old Jan 1, 2009, 3:52 AM   #5

yup i understand when you say exspensive ... thank god for pet insurance

what breed is your dog?
Old Jan 1, 2009, 4:32 PM   #6

He's a German Shepherd. And yes, thank God for pet insurance. I have it on him and it has more than paid for itself over time. He loves to break twigs off dead limbs, and recently punctured his eye.Without the insurance(wellness plan) I would have paid dearly for his initial treatment, as well as the medicine he had to take for the next two weeks.. Almost as bad as a REAL child... Robert
Old Mar 29, 2009, 3:39 PM   #7

here is our other dog ...

Old Mar 29, 2009, 6:41 PM   #8

Hawgwild wrote:
Quote:
Thanks for the enlightenment.. I have never seen a chinese crested before now. As for Braddock, I think it is great you rescued him, and yes you are absolutely right about animals being a huge responsibility. My dog has been rather expensive during his sixteen months on earth. I wonder if someone else would have treated him the way I do. Anyway, keep posting. People on this forum don't seem to reply to pet posts as they do about cameras and lenses,etc. But it's fun seeing other's pet pics. Robert
I learned the hard way about not having insureance. This is my boy Rev. The weekend after he won the National Open Field Championship, he began to loose control in his back legs. After diagnosis became difficult, we were reffered to the University Vet school. They were unable to determing a cause as well. After 6 months, the abcess that was sealed under his backbone came to the surface and surgery quickly brought the old dog back, but I was $6000+ poorer.

FC/NFC Lighthouse Reverence (AKA Rev)

I got insurance on the two other dogs after that. Within a short time my boy Rum seemed to be breathing differently. I took him along to work, hopeing to see the vet arter work. When I called to get an appointment, she insisted I leave immediately. Shortly after my arrival at the vet, I was on my way to the University hospital. The dog had its sternum split and inflamed tissue (that was causing fluid buildup in the lungs) between the heart and lungs was removed. $4k worth of work cost me about a grand.

FC/CFC Flushingwing Dark'n Dirty (AKA Rum)

This is my third boy Dox that just found his first Muskrat. The muskrat won:sad: His nose was opened up pretty badly. I got it cleaned up and stapled shut (my vet insists I carry a surgical stapler for such instances. Most of the time I'm comfortable with the repair, and I don't have to bother her on the weekend.

Lighthouse Paradox (AKA Dox)

I used to laugh at the thought of pet insurance. I don't laugh anymore. Its necessary.

If anyone is interested, I wrote an article months ago about the subject.

http://www.spanieljournal.com/gmiller.html

Greg
fldspringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29, 2009, 6:56 PM   #9

Sorry to use your thread as a bulletin board. I agree with Robert. Keep on posting.

There's a couple nice looking dogs there. I'm sure the other has a great personality:shock:

Thanks for posting, and I'd be interested in learning more about the Chinese Crested Dog.

Greg
fldspringer is offline   Reply With Quote