Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Animal & Pet Photos

Old Oct 26, 2003, 7:40 AM   #11

beautifull eyes!!!
melanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26, 2003, 12:24 PM   #12

Hey everyone...thanks for the response...he is our pride and joy! And I finally figured out how to post images here! YIPPEE! :lol:

Toria
Toria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26, 2003, 1:23 PM   #13

What a ferocious growl on that last shot------- you guys be careful!!! :lol:
hodad66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2003, 2:38 PM   #14

My favorite kind of cat (I plan on getting one in the future). I hear they are inclined to play in the water and even fetch like a dog.
aerospaceboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2003, 9:07 PM   #15

And they are very active, very smart and (I believe) like to be played with. don't get one unless you can give them the attention they need (or get two, and let them play with each other.)

I have a friend with 2, and they are very nice cats, if you can deal with them.

Eric

ps. Nice pictures. I particularly like the first one.
eric s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 2003, 9:27 AM   #16

Great shot of the yawning cat. Keep up the good work.

Regards,
Carl
cfrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 2003, 11:19 AM   #17

Yes...the "growl" is indeed a yawn...hehehe...I work at home and so I spend hours with him teaching him to do all kinds of things. We have taught him to "fetch" and it is the most amazing thing to see a cat do. I taught him how to do it in the beginning and since we first started doing it, it has usually been a hair tie from my hair. Now he will do a stuffed mouse occasionally but he goes NUTS for my hair ties. The funniest part is that he will bring the toys he wants to play with all the way up on sofa for me, but he will only bring them to the floor (usually just far enough out of distance that my husband has to reach). My husband is so in love with this cat that he always will lean down and get it but I won't...if nothing more than to find the difference in the way he perceives the differences between us. It is really funny! A bengal is definitely the most intelligent and interactive cat I have ever come across! And water...OMG he LOVES water!!! You cannot go into the bathroom without him thinking that he has to leap into the bathtub and drink out of the faucet. He doesn't drink out of a bowl but out of the bathtub faucet. And he has never gotten on the counters or tried to drink out of the kitchen sink. He is just downright amazing. I would recommend a Bengal to anyone who wants a more interactive cat. And, (get this)...he loves baths! LOL

Here is a pic of him the way we let him drink from the water trickling...

Thanks for your kind comments!

[img]

[/img]
Old Oct 28, 2003, 2:30 PM   #18
djb

is he talkative??? i like vocal cats. my wife taught our cat (now deceased) to kiss, beg, give his paw, rollover qand a few others all on command. i told her he wasn't a dog but, what did she know.
he loved the snow too.

dennis

p.s. sorry a bit off topic.
djb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 2003, 5:52 PM   #19

He talks BACK! Whenever we scold him, he chirps like a squirrel and this can go on for a minute or so...he always has to have the last word. He is quite a character! We are still working on other tricks to teach him but he kisses. This is only his second winter and last winter he did not like snow... :x :lol:

Toria
Old Oct 29, 2003, 8:08 PM   #20

Toria, dripping the shower water onto the face cloth is a great idea.

When we go away for no more than 2 days, I can guarantee that Fred will tip over the water bowl, which we keep in the shower - 'cos he tips over his water bowl. It's a heavy-duty dog bowl.

I've tried putting the water bowl under a dripping shower head, - but Fred tips over the bowl so it misses the dripping water.

Thank you.
JanetKP is offline   Reply With Quote