Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Animal & Pet Photos

Old Nov 6, 2003, 3:18 PM   #1

Default STOP IT !!! It's already dead

Bryn on a killing spree.

jabtas is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 6, 2003, 8:00 PM   #2

What a tough dog! Knocked the stuffing right out of its opponent. (Do I see a hint of border collie in the champ?)

I think a bit of cropping is in order here. Maybe taking out the chair on the left and perhaps cropping the bottom a bit. Play with it because the picture is worth it.

--Barbara
bcoultry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 2003, 1:54 AM   #3

To tell the truth I didn't even know I had this pic until I found an old CD behind my computer desk.

According to the EXIF data it was taken June 2000, The dogs name is Bryn he is a Cross-Collie (not sure with what), and he belongs to a friend. She used compete in obedience competitions with him, but has now retired him, and he has a life of leisure laying in front of the fire.

I think that a crop would do the subject some justice and will look into that this weekend, but I was just pleased to find the pic, as I had completely forgot I had taken it until yesterday.
Old Nov 7, 2003, 9:16 AM   #4

Quote:
I found an old CD behind my computer desk
Reminds me of being a kid and digging in the sofa for coins after my father had taken a nap on it. Buried treasure! Maybe I should look behind my own desk. I lost a turkey platter about ten years ago, and maybe...

Anyway, if the resolution can stand it, that dog has a beautiful face that might fill the entire frame nicely.

--Barbara
Old Nov 7, 2003, 1:44 PM   #5

Quote:
Anyway, if the resolution can stand it, that dog has a beautiful face that might fill the entire frame nicely.
Nice idea but I don't think it would work as it was taken on a Kodak 210, only 1 million pixals. But I do have plenty of others of Bryn.
Old Nov 7, 2003, 2:27 PM   #6

You are so absolutely right. I downloaded the picture and enlarged it using S-spline in IrfanView, cropped way down to the face, sharpened the Lightness channel in LAB mode, and it wasn't bad, but it was still nowhere near sharp enough. I'm so glad megapixel cameras were invented.