Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Animal & Pet Photos

Old Mar 19, 2010, 11:01 AM   #1

Location: Northeast Passage 10; Gothenburg, Sweden, Northern Europe, Planet Earth, Outskirts of Milky Way, Uni
Default Tom Hanks's Friend - A Meeting With A French Mastiff

What was his name again? Well, let's call him Hooch

The film: Turner & Hooch

I've got some head exposures with a blueish cast I can't get rid of. Perhaps you can help
Attached Images

Last edited by Torgny; Mar 19, 2010 at 6:12 PM.
Torgny is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 19, 2010, 11:09 AM   #2

Location: Northeast Passage 10; Gothenburg, Sweden, Northern Europe, Planet Earth, Outskirts of Milky Way, Uni

Auto tone in Ps
Attached Images

Old Mar 19, 2010, 1:32 PM   #3

Can't do a thing with it except the bluish cast completely vanishes when I convert to black and white...

It's really not that noticable - Are you sure the dog doesn't have a bluish cast?

It seems to be a problem with magenta, and yet getting rid of magenta really fouls up this handsome image.

Dave
Chato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19, 2010, 2:33 PM   #4

Dave,

Thanks for pointing that out - it's a magenta problem, to me anyhow. A little more blue to the background and -50 magenta saturation. What do you think?

By the way, this imposing gentleman treated my smaller dames with full respect. Perhaps genetical, perhaps environmental, or both

A big fine dog. 75 kilograms. That's my weight when I'm in shape

//T
Attached Images

Old Mar 19, 2010, 2:51 PM   #5

I think you got rid of the bluish cast at the expense of making this fine image a bit worse. Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't be saying this if it was the only picture of this guy you posted.

Really handsome fellow.

Dave
Old Mar 19, 2010, 4:47 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chato View Post
I think you got rid of the bluish cast at the expense of making this fine image a bit worse. Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't be saying this if it was the only picture of this guy you posted.

Really handsome fellow.

Dave

Ok. He's 4 years old, his folks(?) told me. After the drink he found some important task; a lost glove
Attached Images

Old Mar 19, 2010, 4:50 PM   #7

Last picture. Resting, in full confidence of his ability to to guard the glove, awaiting it's proper owner
Attached Images

Old Mar 19, 2010, 4:52 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torgny View Post
Ok. He's 4 years old, his folks(?) told me. After the drink he found some important task; a lost glove
I'm not familiar with the breed. What's their temperment? Mastiffs vary so much from breed to breed. A Neo will kill anyone who who violates its rules, and Old English is a huge teddy bear...

Dave
Old Mar 19, 2010, 7:07 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chato View Post
I'm not familiar with the breed. What's their temperment? Mastiffs vary so much from breed to breed. A Neo will kill anyone who who violates its rules, and Old English is a huge teddy bear...

Dave

Dave,

I'm not familiar with the breed either. In fact I only really know a little about Arctic dogs of different kinds

To be frank I think Hooch is "damn right ugly" (az zey zay) but seemed like a "gentleman", mentally very healthy and balanced. If a dame marks her position, a sire, regardless of size, should lie down on his back

My dames didn't have to snarl so perhaps he's one of those d..... intellectuals.

Thanks for your interest, Dave

Torgny
Attached Images

Last edited by Torgny; Mar 19, 2010 at 9:29 PM.
Old Mar 19, 2010, 7:36 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torgny View Post
Dave,

I'm not familiar with the breed either. In fact I only really know a little about Arctic dogs of different kinds

To be frank I think Hooch is "damn right ugly" (az zey zay) but seemed like a "gentleman", mentally very healthy and balanced. If a dame marks her position, a sire, regardless of size, should lie down on his back

My dames didn't have to snarl so perhaps he's one of those d..... intellectuals.

Thanks for your interest, Dave

Torgny
Ahh, just checked with Wiki. It's the Dogue de Bordeaux, I believe their registered with the AKC, and there are local breeders. While they can be fierce protectors, they prefer to be Big Teddy Bears. I've met a number of them. Great dogs, although they don't live long.

Dave