Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Animal & Pet Photos

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Mar 21, 2010, 8:49 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
DSProtection's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Sweden
Posts: 963
Default Leonberger!

Took a few photos of a Leonberger.
What do you think of them?





DSProtection is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 23, 2010, 2:44 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
DSProtection's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Sweden
Posts: 963
Default

35 views and not one single comment??
Thats just great. There seem to be no reason to post pictures here.
DSProtection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23, 2010, 5:33 AM   #3
Senior Member
 
Eetu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Jyväskylä, Finland
Posts: 2,212
Default

Hejsan och hälsningar från här i Finland! I like your first and last the best. The first is a good capture of action... might be a good idea to experiment here... I would get the dog to run back to you again, on the second time perhaps you could lay on your stomach and capture the "action" from a ground level, a different perspective.

With the last, I would get just a little more of the neck in the photo (sorry, don't mean to sound perfectionistic). I like the way you give room in the picture so that you see snow in the backgroun (nice use of DOF)... the composition gives the natural feel that the dog is looking on... some pictures just crop to hard, this does not... just add a little more of the neck is my kind advice.

Don't always worry, mate, if people don't post a comment or so... I have jok'n Nokia N95 mobile phone camera, so until I can purchase a real DSLR, I just try to connect with others in the forum... compliment photos that I like, and photos that I also like, I might give a suggestion or two... to make the photo better, or show a different perspecitive... But I do so because I like the picture, and I respect the photographer. I have upload some shots, I don't expect people to say to much other than what is honestly on their heart. And if they just look, that is ok. Certainly don't want false praise. I just like to enjoy photography, and if someone has I idea or advice how I can do better... great!

All the best and "har det så bra"

Ned
Eetu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23, 2010, 7:28 AM   #4
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: NYC
Posts: 1,990
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSProtection View Post
35 views and not one single comment??
Thats just great. There seem to be no reason to post pictures here.
Some of these images have been posted before. Nice shots of the dog; strangely, looking at the same pictures doesn't move me to repeat the same comments I already have...

True, some of the images are new - Even so, how about putting the pooch into a different environment or a different "attitude?"

Dave
Chato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23, 2010, 8:33 AM   #5
Senior Member
 
DSProtection's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Sweden
Posts: 963
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eetu View Post
Hejsan och hälsningar från här i Finland! I like your first and last the best. The first is a good capture of action... might be a good idea to experiment here... I would get the dog to run back to you again, on the second time perhaps you could lay on your stomach and capture the "action" from a ground level, a different perspective.

With the last, I would get just a little more of the neck in the photo (sorry, don't mean to sound perfectionistic). I like the way you give room in the picture so that you see snow in the backgroun (nice use of DOF)... the composition gives the natural feel that the dog is looking on... some pictures just crop to hard, this does not... just add a little more of the neck is my kind advice.

Don't always worry, mate, if people don't post a comment or so... I have jok'n Nokia N95 mobile phone camera, so until I can purchase a real DSLR, I just try to connect with others in the forum... compliment photos that I like, and photos that I also like, I might give a suggestion or two... to make the photo better, or show a different perspecitive... But I do so because I like the picture, and I respect the photographer. I have upload some shots, I don't expect people to say to much other than what is honestly on their heart. And if they just look, that is ok. Certainly don't want false praise. I just like to enjoy photography, and if someone has I idea or advice how I can do better... great!

All the best and "har det så bra"

Ned
Hejsan!
En granne

Nice to see a neighbour here on the forum. Thanks for your hounest opininon. I will think of the tips you gave me. I want positive criticism so that I can learn more, so this was perfect.
Hope you get to purchase an DSLR soon.
Best regards/Daniel from Stockholm, Sweden
DSProtection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23, 2010, 8:42 AM   #6
Senior Member
 
DSProtection's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Sweden
Posts: 963
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chato View Post
Some of these images have been posted before. Nice shots of the dog; strangely, looking at the same pictures doesn't move me to repeat the same comments I already have...

True, some of the images are new - Even so, how about putting the pooch into a different environment or a different "attitude?"

Dave
Thanks for the positive comments.
I have forgot that I have posted some of these pictures. I have to blame it on my disease. 6 months ago I caught meningitis and cephalitis from a tick. A disease called TBE.
I was unconsious for 3 weeks and nearly died. So photo for me now is a great way to rehabilitate myself. Due to this my memory has been really poor. So thats why I have posted the same photos twice and don´t remember about it.
I only have these pics of the dog right now, and because of all the snow we have had here, there is not so easy to find other environments to take photos in. Finally the snow has started to melting here in sweden.
Best regards/Daniel
DSProtection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23, 2010, 8:52 AM   #7
Senior Member
 
Eetu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Jyväskylä, Finland
Posts: 2,212
Default

Hej Daniel! Thanks for your kind response, indeed. I value what you say about wanting positive criticism in order to learn more... I am with you 100%. I also know the feeling of wanting more contact amongst those who share the same hobby, at least that is how I feel, I should say. So, I try to make contacts Chato, who noted some comments above. Hopefully I don't drive people crazy with my advice about pictures, etc. I did play around with your photo, cropping it here and there as I am always one for wanting to improve my composition skills. In the future, would it be alright with you if I send you back a picture with minor changes... that way the picture makes it clear of what I mean... ?

As for purchasing the camera, those guys at the tax office are swamped with tax returns and posted on their web page that they are behind in sending tax returns. I might have to wait til April to buy it.

Nice to hear from you. You have a fine dog there, very nice. Enjoy it!

All the best.

Ned
Eetu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23, 2010, 11:09 AM   #8
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: NYC
Posts: 1,990
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eetu View Post
Hej Daniel! Thanks for your kind response, indeed. I value what you say about wanting positive criticism in order to learn more... I am with you 100%. I also know the feeling of wanting more contact amongst those who share the same hobby, at least that is how I feel, I should say. So, I try to make contacts Chato, who noted some comments above. Hopefully I don't drive people crazy with my advice about pictures, etc. I did play around with your photo, cropping it here and there as I am always one for wanting to improve my composition skills. In the future, would it be alright with you if I send you back a picture with minor changes... that way the picture makes it clear of what I mean... ?

As for purchasing the camera, those guys at the tax office are swamped with tax returns and posted on their web page that they are behind in sending tax returns. I might have to wait til April to buy it.

Nice to hear from you. You have a fine dog there, very nice. Enjoy it!

All the best.

Ned
They're not bad pictures at all. Sharp, nice action, an introduction to The Dog!

Leonburgers are Big Dogs, might be nice to see them next to people; get an idea of HOW big they are...

I'm sorry to hear about Daniels problems. Hopefully, given time, the body will make a full recovery, whereas MY memory problems are problems of age. Age is something we don't recover from. I blame my dog anyway.

Dave
Chato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23, 2010, 3:50 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
DSProtection's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Sweden
Posts: 963
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chato View Post
They're not bad pictures at all. Sharp, nice action, an introduction to The Dog!

Leonburgers are Big Dogs, might be nice to see them next to people; get an idea of HOW big they are...

I'm sorry to hear about Daniels problems. Hopefully, given time, the body will make a full recovery, whereas MY memory problems are problems of age. Age is something we don't recover from. I blame my dog anyway.

Dave
Thank you!
I also hope I recover. I´m a bit to young to blame my bad memory on my age yet
Thanks for the tip.
Best regards/Daniel
DSProtection is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 1:47 PM.