Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Animal & Pet Photos

Old Mar 21, 2010, 7:56 PM   #1

Default Some horse photos!

Here are some horse photos I took at me and my wifes spring walk.
My wife is on some photos too.
Please let me know what you think of them.

DSProtection is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 23, 2010, 1:43 AM   #2

54 views and not one single comment??
Thats just great. There seem to be no reason to post pictures here.
Old Mar 23, 2010, 3:28 PM   #3

Nice shots.

Pretty conventional except for the last one, which is a real winner. Bet you kicked yourself for missing the shot - I know I would have yelled and screamed!

It's still interesting!

Dave
Chato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23, 2010, 7:01 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chato View Post
Nice shots.

Pretty conventional except for the last one, which is a real winner. Bet you kicked yourself for missing the shot - I know I would have yelled and screamed!

It's still interesting!

Dave
Thanks Dave
Don´t understand what you mean by "missed the shot"?
Best regards/Daniel
Old Mar 23, 2010, 7:51 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSProtection View Post
Thanks Dave
Don´t understand what you mean by "missed the shot"?
Best regards/Daniel
All the other shots are Sharp, while that one was "soft." Still a GOOD shot, but if it was as sharp as the others you could have entered it in a contest.

I don't want to sound negative - Again, it's a good shot, but could have been a great shot.

Dave
Chato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 2010, 2:55 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chato View Post
All the other shots are Sharp, while that one was "soft." Still a GOOD shot, but if it was as sharp as the others you could have entered it in a contest.

I don't want to sound negative - Again, it's a good shot, but could have been a great shot.

Dave
Ahh, okey. I understand. Yes, I was a bit sad it was a bit soft, or unsharp.
It was handheld with full zoom and I was freezing my hands of unfortenately. But I didn´t know the picture was so good although I was happy with it.
I guess I´ll have to sit down at the same place again hoping that the horse will do the same thing again
Thanks again for the positive comments. And you don´t sound negative. I´m here to learn
Best regards/Daniel
Old Mar 24, 2010, 3:20 AM   #7

Daniel, I think the last shot with the horse with a stick in its mouth, its a great picture for subject. It gives character to the horse! I hope you don't mind, but I took your picture and tried a little cropping. I love the system of thirds, THOUGH it is not something one ALWAYS has to use... There are a lot of gorgeous pictures that don't use the system of thirds. But we all like good composition. So, I thought about your picture and I giving you my version of what I would do... Except in yours I would give a tiny bit more space above the horses head. The horse has stick in its mouth, so I moved the horse over to the left a little. This (bottom/last) picture of yours is square so I made the following changes. Not sure if you like them, they are just a different perspective. I realize it must have been cold, but a picture like this one, I would set the camera to take a series of exposures, and make sure the horse is as sharp as possible... those are my observations.

Oh, one more thing... take a series of pictures such as distance in this shot, but also give more more room... I would have liked to see a little more fence to the right and space to the left, etc. and from THAT POINT, you can make minor crops. If you are in too close, then you have no room for cropping this or that.

All the best.

Ned
Attached Images

Eetu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 2010, 3:29 AM   #8

Daniel, in the second picture, with your wife and the horse, I would give the picture more space, you have a little of the horse's mouth cut off... a little of the ear... but you have captured this majestic animal in the glory of its nature, horse love people and you see it in the eyes of this horse. I would have also liked to see a little more of your wife in this picture, and perhaps if you asked her to slight turn the tiniest bit toward the horse. Also, and you know I am going to say this, take a series of exposures. Move in and move out with your lense... I don't mind taking several shots of something I find meaningful or important... Again, these are suggestions, but I only make suggestions with photos I especially like.

Thanks for sharing these photos!

Ned
Eetu is offline   Reply With Quote