Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Animal & Pet Photos

Old Apr 18, 2010, 10:03 PM   #1

Default Spring in the Yard is Fun!

With the warm weather coming in, all the pets are enjoying being out in the yard....even the old man is enjoying it.

Melvin is 11 and is the acknowledged Alpha pet. Even though she's far larger, 5 year old Portia defers to him on every issue

On the feline side, Plato has seniority since he's been with us six years....

Plato's mother, Missy, came to live with us after the death of my wife's mother.

Completing the menagerie is my son's cat, Ashley, who is living with us while he is working overseas. She's the instigator of the bunch, whether it's playing ambush, or running wildly across the yard to the nearest tree

Hope you enjoy my crew.

Paul
Trojansoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 18, 2010, 10:23 PM   #2

That's a fine looking crew ya got there, Paul.. I think everyone's happy the cold weather is on the wane. That pic of Ashley running at the camera is the first I've ever seen of a cat running! No, it's true!

My Flickr
-Robert-

Hawgwild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18, 2010, 10:41 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawgwild View Post
That's a fine looking crew ya got there, Paul.. I think everyone's happy the cold weather is on the wane. That pic of Ashley running at the camera is the first I've ever seen of a cat running! No, it's true!
LOL.....Ashley gives plenty of opportunities because she's always darting one way or the other....problem on photographing is that it's hard to predict when she's going to run, or what way. I had warning on this shot because she was up on the rail fence (photo #1) as my oldest son was starting his car (in the background of the first photo).

Thanks for the compliments. Believe me, every one of them is convinced he/she is beautiful, lol.

Paul

BTW....Plato is the only one not adopted either from a shelter or taking in a stray. Both dogs were strays we adopted; Missy and Ashley were adopted from shelters. (We took Plato as a father to Brenda's mother, looking for homes for Missy's only litter of kittens.)
Trojansoc is offline   Reply With Quote