Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Animal & Pet Photos

Old Nov 20, 2010, 12:16 AM   #1

Default Lion and tiger at the local zoo

brad
DigMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 20, 2010, 4:03 AM   #2

Hello Brad,
I like the tiger shot very much and am relieved that there is no distractions (like wire fences, etc.) in the shot. I am not so sure that I like the angle of the lion though, something about it that loses the effect of a powerful cat, this guy either looks like he has lost his will to live somehow, or his best friend. Maybe though you were trying to capture the broken look of imprisonment that the confinement of a wild animal must eventually infuse in it over time...I may be wrong, I hope some one else comments just in case I am. Thank you for sharing these wonderful animals with me, I never get to see them out here in Kansas, we get more skunks and possoms here LOL

Last edited by hkmp50; Nov 20, 2010 at 4:12 AM.
hkmp50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 2010, 8:31 AM   #3

Thanks. I would definitely not have posted either had there been any barriers obstructing the shot (although I did manage to get a decent shot of a Komodo dragon through glass). To me the lion looks to be in stalking mode and it was just before feeding time. He was walking around roaring and spraying rocks and whatnot.

brad
Old Nov 21, 2010, 3:09 PM   #4

Hey Brad
Please post the comodo, They are rather rare around these parts and I have not seen one in a while.
Old Nov 21, 2010, 5:01 PM   #5

I will when I get some time. I'm posting from my phone right now.

bc
Old Nov 21, 2010, 10:35 PM   #6

Per hkmp50's request here is the Komodo dragon. The photo came out pretty good considering it was shot through glass!

Old Dec 20, 2010, 3:18 PM   #7

Wow , that is really an awsome lizzard! Great photograph! Your really doing something great with your camera. Yes it did turn out good through the glass, no reflections that I can see. Awsome colors in this guy! Thank you so much for posting!
By the way, relooking at your lion photo I see what you are talking about with him being in the stalking mode. I guess I should look twice before commentating. (perhaps my mood at the time was linked somehow to my own feelings at the time. Anyway, Happy Holidays!!!! Frank

Frank
Old Dec 20, 2010, 4:28 PM   #8

Thanks so much, Frank! I was also pleased with the coloring on the lizard. Oddly, I didn't even notice how much color there was in that animal until I looked at my own picture even after being to the zoo and looking at him in person numerous times. He's grown quite a bit over the past year.

Some day I hope to get over there by myself with my camera and maybe even a tripod. I always have my family in tow on a normal day (wife and two toddlers).

brad
Old Dec 20, 2010, 5:00 PM   #9

Here's another image from the same set. This one is actually a finalist in the Nikonians.org November Photo contest. The theme was "If looks could kill"

I'm getting trounced in the voting by some truly spectacular images of a gorilla and a green tree python.

brad
Old Dec 25, 2010, 7:50 PM   #10

Wow that last shot is awsome! Really some feeling in that one. I hope he was not eyeballing your equipment! OR you for that matter. Good luck on the contest, looks like a solid entry! Frank