Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Animal & Pet Photos

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Feb 11, 2011, 7:22 PM   #1
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Iowa
Posts: 26
Default First day with new P&S

And one of my favorite subjects. I have a lot to learn with this new camera so please forgive the not so perfect photos

Bea Dog, shot with new SX30 (day 1)
Scoobert is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 12, 2011, 2:04 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
condorman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Cornwall England and Gorges du Lot France
Posts: 1,019
Default

Lovely looking Chap.
Mark
__________________
or ev waaaaa.

Lumix Fx-01

d5000
condorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2011, 8:57 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
gjtoth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Louisville, KY, USA
Posts: 6,931
Default

Not a bad image. You'll want to shut off the date print function. It really screws things up.
__________________
Gary ---- "The best camera is the one you have with you."
<><~~~~~~~~~~~
Pentax K-70 ~ Panasonic FZ1000
My Gallery

--
Hebrews 13:3
gjtoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2011, 9:26 PM   #4
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Iowa
Posts: 26
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjtoth View Post
Not a bad image. You'll want to shut off the date print function. It really screws things up.
I agree, thanks for opinion.
Any help a noob can get has got to be good. I got a couple books from the library today. hoping I can learn some of these functions I have never used before to get some better pictures. Until I got this SX30, I have never had a camera in anything but auto. And never had to do PP on anything, so its one big learning curve for me. Being old doesn't help either
Scoobert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2011, 9:41 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
gjtoth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Louisville, KY, USA
Posts: 6,931
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoobert View Post
I agree, thanks for opinion.
Any help a noob can get has got to be good. I got a couple books from the library today. hoping I can learn some of these functions I have never used before to get some better pictures. Until I got this SX30, I have never had a camera in anything but auto. And never had to do PP on anything, so its one big learning curve for me. Being old doesn't help either
Pick up "Understanding Exposure", by Bryan Peterson and "The Digital Photography Book", by Scott Kelby. Both very easy reads. Kelby will have you shooting like a pro within 48 hours.
__________________
Gary ---- "The best camera is the one you have with you."
<><~~~~~~~~~~~
Pentax K-70 ~ Panasonic FZ1000
My Gallery

--
Hebrews 13:3
gjtoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2011, 10:26 PM   #6
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Iowa
Posts: 26
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjtoth View Post
Pick up "Understanding Exposure", by Bryan Peterson and "The Digital Photography Book", by Scott Kelby. Both very easy reads. Kelby will have you shooting like a pro within 48 hours.
I have reserved DPB at the Library now thanks to you. As soon as one comes in I will get it. The book must be good. The library has 3 copies and all 3 are checked out.
The Peterson book shows to be missing from circulation at my library (what kind of @ss#### steals from a library). I'll grab a copy of that from Amazon.
Thanks
Scoob
Scoobert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2011, 1:19 AM   #7
Senior Member
 
Organizedkhaos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Salyersville Kentucky
Posts: 139
Default

I love this picture!!! I'm a sucker for hounds.
Nice shadows. Doggy has a great expression.

Keep up the good work
Organizedkhaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2011, 8:49 AM   #8
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Iowa
Posts: 26
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Organizedkhaos View Post
I love this picture!!! I'm a sucker for hounds.
Nice shadows. Doggy has a great expression.

Keep up the good work
Thank You
Scoob
Scoobert is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 3:56 PM.