Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Animal & Pet Photos

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old May 1, 2011, 8:39 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
no-ice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: scottish borders
Posts: 121
Default Pepsi the cat

Pepsi is my mothers cat, she is quite old and usually shy and unsociable, but she didnt mind me taking some photos today


no-ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 3, 2011, 12:14 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
jjdog2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Southeastern Ohio
Posts: 6,371
Default

Very nice shots of a fine looking cat. Neat name Pepsi.

jj
jjdog2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3, 2011, 1:39 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
Torgny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Northeast Passage 10; Gothenburg, Sweden, Northern Europe, Planet Earth, Outskirts of Milky Way, Uni
Posts: 10,042
Default

no-ice,

Very special cat pictures. The eye in the first and of course the perspective and the people around in the second. You got the verticals right - you seldom see that - makes a lot for the physics of the pic

(First I didn't see the right eye - can I suggest lightening up the right part of the cat's face)

Torgny
__________________

"Every man", he says thoughtfully, "should pull a boat over a mountain once in his life". And then, once again, he laughs at himself. (About Werner Herzog) TTL Photography (True To Life Pictures) My Zenfolio Photo site is at http://torgnydellsen.zenfolio.com/

The pictures are optimized for slideshows. The slideshow button is at the upper right. Please use your loudspeakers. There is some music, progressive music from the seventies in the different galleries.
Allagerillagallallerilly!


Last edited by Torgny; May 4, 2011 at 2:50 PM.
Torgny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3, 2011, 3:28 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
no-ice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: scottish borders
Posts: 121
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjdog2 View Post
Very nice shots of a fine looking cat. Neat name Pepsi.

jj
thanks
no-ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3, 2011, 3:31 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
no-ice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: scottish borders
Posts: 121
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torgny View Post
no-ice,

Very special cat pictures. The eye in the first and of course the perspective and the people around in the second. You got the verticals right - you seldom see that - makes a lot for the physics of the pic

(First I didn't see the right eye - can I suggest lightening up the right part of the cat's face)

Torgny
thanks for the comments.

I see what you mean about the eye, though to me lightening it up like you have done makes it look a little false? to me. It was a little hard to get her so the sun was behind me shining on her, she did keep moving, how do you get a cat to keep still?? lol.
Also, i never really touch up or adjust my photos, i dont have photoshop or anything like it as i just cant seem to understand how to use them
no-ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3, 2011, 3:45 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
Torgny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Northeast Passage 10; Gothenburg, Sweden, Northern Europe, Planet Earth, Outskirts of Milky Way, Uni
Posts: 10,042
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by no-ice View Post
thanks for the comments.

I see what you mean about the eye, though to me lightening it up like you have done makes it look a little false? to me. It was a little hard to get her so the sun was behind me shining on her, she did keep moving, how do you get a cat to keep still?? lol.
Also, i never really touch up or adjust my photos, i dont have photoshop or anything like it as i just cant seem to understand how to use them

It's a fine picture. Have to adjust my monitor, gamma correction I mean. Yes, there is too much manipulation going on nowadays (quirk, quirk - that rockingchair needs some lubricant).

Refreshing to see natural looking pictures,

//T
__________________

"Every man", he says thoughtfully, "should pull a boat over a mountain once in his life". And then, once again, he laughs at himself. (About Werner Herzog) TTL Photography (True To Life Pictures) My Zenfolio Photo site is at http://torgnydellsen.zenfolio.com/

The pictures are optimized for slideshows. The slideshow button is at the upper right. Please use your loudspeakers. There is some music, progressive music from the seventies in the different galleries.
Allagerillagallallerilly!


Last edited by Torgny; May 4, 2011 at 2:50 PM.
Torgny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3, 2011, 7:23 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
Wingman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Hebron, Kentucky (northern Kentucky/Greater Cincinnati):KCVG
Posts: 4,322
Default

That's an interesting name...we had a cat (unfortuantely got hit by a car and died recently) that we named Sprite after another product by Coca-Cola!

#2 is a great shot!
Wingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3, 2011, 7:30 PM   #8
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 77
Default

What an adorable cat, and an interesting moniker too. . Second shot is my favorite. I love the perspective and hues. Keep on posting!
__________________
John Briner Art
john-briner-art is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4, 2011, 7:31 AM   #9
Senior Member
 
no-ice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: scottish borders
Posts: 121
Default

Thanks for the comments

But uh jelpee, pepsi is pepsi cola inc not coca cola inc lol. close though
no-ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4, 2011, 7:39 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
Wingman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Hebron, Kentucky (northern Kentucky/Greater Cincinnati):KCVG
Posts: 4,322
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by no-ice View Post
Thanks for the comments

But uh jelpee, pepsi is pepsi cola inc not coca cola inc lol. close though

Duh...my bad. I should have said another brand of soda!
Wingman is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 7:32 AM.