Steve's Digicams Forums

Steve's Digicams Forums (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/)
-   Animal & Pet Photos (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/animal-pet-photos-13/)
-   -   Looking for an opportunity (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/animal-pet-photos/187833-looking-opportunity.html)

umdaman1 May 12, 2011 3:49 AM

Looking for an opportunity

1 Attachment(s)
I don't know what he was fixated on, but he stayed like this for at least five minutes. It was difficult to get a good exposure on his back. I should have used a polarizer.

jdnan May 12, 2011 8:40 AM

Nice shot, classic cat behavior, gotta love it. My cat goes out everyday to the exact same spot on our property & sits and stairs at a mole mound. He's hasn't been successful in catching a mole, even though he's been doing this for more than a year now! HeHeHe. He did, however, catch a baby cottontail the other day, which we don't want him to kill. Cats are very funny creatures.

jjdog2 May 12, 2011 9:08 AM

That is a great looking shot. Well done.

jj

SharpShotGal May 12, 2011 2:06 PM

Lovely shot now to get him on the rail with out sitting on the post! Would not worry any on the polarizer came out just fine.... Got the two here that bring home all kinds of things its their nature we just can not expect to house train them in all ways it would not be then if we did! Great job well done as said!

Hawgwild May 13, 2011 9:33 PM

Umdaman1, this is a perfect shot. No improvement is possible. Is this your cat? I love the hindquarters on the post!

umdaman1 May 15, 2011 11:21 AM

Thanks, all, for the comments.

Hawgwild, this is a friend's cat. I saw him just sitting there waiting to have his picture taken so I grabbed my camera hoping he wouldn't move before I had a chance snap a few.

lisalonewolf May 18, 2011 6:51 PM

No need for a polarizer, perfect shot. I had bunnies who visited, also found cats who caught them...found out if I take their catch they just catch another, but, if I leave it they just keep working on it...(think Big Mountain Lions they do the same). Luckily when the bunnies were in my backyard they knew they were safe, had dogs which loved bunnies...

Torgny May 20, 2011 1:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by umdaman1 (Post 1225976)
I don't know what he was fixated on, but he stayed like this for at least five minutes. It was difficult to get a good exposure on his back. I should have used a polarizer.

umdaman1,

This picture really grows on you. Perfectly cropped. Congratulations

//T

john-briner-art May 23, 2011 3:09 AM

You nailed this shot, Umdaman1. I have to agree with them; you don't need to apply any improvement on this one. It's already excellent as is. Funny, but just yesterday I saw one of my neighbor's cat acting that way. He's staring at something so intently, which I can't see from my position. But, I have to commend them for their focus. Thanks for sharing this! :)

umdaman1 May 25, 2011 12:02 AM

Thanks again, all for looking and the kind words.