Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Animal & Pet Photos

Old Jun 14, 2012, 7:09 PM   #1

Location: Northeast Passage 10; Gothenburg, Sweden, Northern Europe, Planet Earth, Outskirts of Milky Way, Uni
Default Queen Of The Hill

after a healthy brackish water swim

Quite windy, needless to say
Attached Images

"Every man", he says thoughtfully, "should pull a boat over a mountain once in his life". And then, once again, he laughs at himself. (About Werner Herzog) TTL Photography (True To Life Pictures) My Zenfolio Photo site is at http://torgnydellsen.zenfolio.com/

The pictures are optimized for slideshows. The slideshow button is at the upper right. Please use your loudspeakers. There is some music, progressive music from the seventies in the different galleries.
Allagerillagallallerilly!

Torgny is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 14, 2012, 7:25 PM   #2

Location: Northeast Passage 10; Gothenburg, Sweden, Northern Europe, Planet Earth, Outskirts of Milky Way, Uni

She's not prone to submissiveness (is there such a word)
Attached Images

"Every man", he says thoughtfully, "should pull a boat over a mountain once in his life". And then, once again, he laughs at himself. (About Werner Herzog) TTL Photography (True To Life Pictures) My Zenfolio Photo site is at http://torgnydellsen.zenfolio.com/

The pictures are optimized for slideshows. The slideshow button is at the upper right. Please use your loudspeakers. There is some music, progressive music from the seventies in the different galleries.

Last edited by Torgny; Jun 14, 2012 at 9:53 PM.
Old Jun 14, 2012, 8:20 PM   #3

She's one of three breeds with most mitochondrial DNA from wolves, so beware
Attached Images

Old Jun 14, 2012, 11:10 PM   #4

Torgny, good to see you and Siirka out enjoying the warmer weather. She looks well, and rather sinister in that last pic...

My Flickr
-Robert-

Hawgwild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16, 2012, 1:23 PM   #5

Dog-gone beautiful, great series there. Love the b&w.
Old Jun 19, 2012, 9:12 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by DyaneG View Post
Dog-gone beautiful, great series there. Love the b&w.
Thank you, Dyane, for viewing and commenting. Much appreciated

Torgny

Old Jun 19, 2012, 9:19 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawgwild View Post
Torgny, good to see you and Siirka out enjoying the warmer weather. She looks well, and rather sinister in that last pic...

Robert,

Yes, we enjoy the best of the summer days, hiking, bathing in sea water as well as in lakes. Give a tap to King. Wonderful new avatar you have

Yes, she can get angry at times, mostly when she sees masters and mistresses mistreat their dogs. Not unusual, unfortunately

Torgny
Attached Images

Last edited by Torgny; Jun 19, 2012 at 9:22 PM.
Old Jun 29, 2012, 12:34 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torgny View Post
She's one of three breeds with most mitochondrial DNA from wolves, so beware
And those are which?

Photos can be deceiving, but I doubt she is much of a threat! I'll bet she is as nice as she looks in the first two photos (and the others you have posted in the past).
penolta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29, 2012, 1:19 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by penolta View Post
And those are which?

Photos can be deceiving, but I doubt she is much of a threat! I'll bet she is as nice as she looks in the first two photos (and the others you have posted in the past).

http://sverigesradio.se/sida/artikel...rtikel=3697909

http://www.bulldoginformation.com/no...og-breeds.html

"Hunden uppstod för uppskattningsvis tio till femton tusen
år sedan. Efter det har vargar och hundar i princip levt åtskilda. Men dagens gråhund, jämthund och lapphund har alltså varg-DNA i sig"

Dogs are 10-15000 years. Since then dogs and wolves have lived separately. But

Norwegian Elkhound,
Swedish Elkhound
Lapphund
(three variants)

have Wolf-DNA, giving away their succeeding genetical heritage

Scientists do not agree on how that happened. I can translate the rest or you may use Google translate

You're right, penolta, they have never for real threatened humans - (unfortunately one might sometimes be inclined to say ) normally I do that dirty work myself; to protect my dogs that is

//T
Attached Images

Last edited by Torgny; Jun 29, 2012 at 9:47 PM.
Old Jun 29, 2012, 9:31 PM   #10

Very interesting (I used Google Translate), Torgny. We have had Norwegian Elkhounds for over 40 years, but only have one at this time..

Here are a couple of her pictures - she is a retired show champion.

Name:  Della030r.jpg
Views: 209
Size:  58.1 KB

Name:  DSCF0193r.jpg
Views: 226
Size:  63.1 KB
penolta is offline   Reply With Quote