Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Animal & Pet Photos

Old Feb 15, 2004, 1:50 AM   #1

Default psycho kitty

Since we seem to have many cat lovers, I thought I'd post a picture of my cat.

She was curled up so cute on that bag (she played with it, and then slept on it... who knows why?) but by the time I got back with the camera and tripod I only got off 2 pictures of her sleeping before she woke up. I found this one kinda funny; just as I was taking the picture she yawned. Not what I intended, but I think it works.

At she's around 15 years old, we worry when we can't find her, or she starts to sleep in odd places (especially if they are hiding places... she place she would go to die.) But some how, she just keeps right on going.

Eric
eric s is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 15, 2004, 8:42 AM   #2

They'll do it every time: even if they remain still while you're focusing, they know when you're starting to press that shutter release.

Yup, a definite psycho look. :shock: I'd love seeing what she really looks like. Would you post a photo?

(Yes, they'll hide at the end, but they also like to tuck themselves away in nooks and crannies for just plain old kitty comfort or because, for instance, there are houseguests they don't especially like. My mother once had a cat who handled this differently. He'd come running out from nowhere, bite the nasty person, then disappear back into the ether.)
bcoultry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15, 2004, 9:01 AM   #3

I've been working on getting a good shot in my spare time. She some times picks the cutest positions to sleep in, with her nose tucked under her paws and all that. When I get something good I'll post it.

Her strategy with strangers is to get on their lap... then again, that works for people she knows too. She's also known to follow you around and (we believe) try to trip you. You see, her logic is that if you fall down, you might form a lap. So most mornings you acquire a "small furry shadow", as we put it.

I'm thinking maybe that look is more out of The Exorcist, except that the head is fliping over instead of spinning around.

Eric
eric s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25, 2004, 4:05 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcoultry
They'll do it every time: even if they remain still while you're focusing, they know when you're starting to press that shutter release.
Oh yes - the *reels* of film I have of cats not quite in focus, cats not quite in the frame, cats who were doing something cute a few moments ago, cats that were in the frame a few moments ago...

At least now I've gone digital it'll cost less to make all the mistakes.

I'm also hoping the servo-AI focus mode on the new camera will save some of the near-misses!
ccomley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2004, 4:05 PM   #5

And again. Visited a friend today who has several cats.

Took about 40 pix.

Well there are three or four good ones! :-)

And the usual crop of "stopped being cute", "decided to miaow at wrong moment and so look wierd", etc.

And about five where the camera picked the wrong focus point to focus on... it's now. I'm going to have to do a lot more practicing with the camera to get used to it. I suspect I'll have to pre-select the focus point when playing cat pic.
ccomley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2004, 4:11 PM   #6

it helps to have someone distract the cat while your taking pictures
like a person focusing on playing with it.......that way it doesn't get bored waiting for you to take a picture

my cousins have a cat....and they have this trick that it likes to do (well they like it to do lol) that would be really cool to try and take a picture of......they getting it to jump for its "toy" and kinda flip over lol (more of a spin than a flip)
photosbyvito is offline   Reply With Quote