Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Animal & Pet Photos

Old Feb 25, 2004, 3:59 PM   #11

I'm not aware of such a distinction I have to say - I do know british passport holding torties with more white. I've always known smudge was under-white. But she's white-under!!! most of her below the plimpsole line is white. But unlike her eldest kitten she doesn't spend half her life lying on her back so I don't have a shot of that - here's another shot with the new camera showing a little more white, however, and, sadly, her snotty nose...
ccomley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25, 2004, 4:10 PM   #12

A snotty nose is really just a small thing. I once had a cat whose tail had a huge crook in it, going off at nearly a right angle from his body. He used to climb up on the roof and then fall off. My father claimed it was the cat's bent rudder.
bcoultry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25, 2004, 4:21 PM   #13

You wouldn't call it a small thing if it was your house gradually being encased in a coating of goop! She's had it two years now - in all other respects 100% healthy and the vet is baffled.

But - back on topic - if you can call this a trick, this is where she spends most of the day - on my desk. The bubblewrap helps keep here there else she moves about, shoving papers and stuff where-ever....

Old Feb 25, 2004, 4:26 PM   #14

The only difference between your desk and mine is that yours is nicely decorated with a cat. Are you sure it's the cat moving stuff around and messing it up? That happens to my stuff without a cat. I've tried to catch the rascal doing it, but she's a slippery sort.
Old Feb 25, 2004, 4:34 PM   #15

I try to keep on top of it - I have to point out that everything beyond Smudge is my collegue's desk, the brown stuff you can see in the foreground is called "wood" and is actually the stuff my desk is made of.

It's clean becaue it isn't usually exposed to the elements, but I'd been doing a lot of catching up on paperwork that day!
Old Feb 26, 2004, 4:40 PM   #16

Jack that was a very heart felt story, thanks for sharing it and also those lovely pictures.
costas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26, 2004, 6:22 PM   #17

Sad story Jack, but lacy had a loving home and someone who cared for her deeply. I know exactly how you feel, I had to have my dog Arthur put down two years ago after he battled cancer for four year's.
http://img28.photobucket.com/albums/...e/arthur_2.jpg He was seventeen and we had been together since he was pup, it was the most painfull decision I have ever had to make and it still breaks my heart thinking of it now. we had been through a lot together, drugs, homelesness and if it wasn't for him I honestly dont think I'd have made it. I too said I would never get another dog for exactly the same reason's, the pain caused by the loss of a true unconditional friend is immense.
But I felt if I could give another dog the chance for a happy life then I couldn't miss that opportunity and so I visited a local rescue centre for a couple of week's and finally found Eddie. He's a mutt with epilepsy who was badly abused and had been re-homed twice but he's got a big heart and a personality to match.
You can never replace Lacy but you can get that bond with another dog and perhap's give that dog some much needed affection.
Psycho Budgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26, 2004, 7:12 PM   #18

Do you get the feeling, Jack, that we're all ganging up on you? Good, because we are.
Old Feb 27, 2004, 12:57 AM   #19

Costas, that's a very nice thing for you to say, and I really appreciate it.

Psycho, Let me first welcome you to the forum. There's no doubt you'd be a welcome addition to any group, as it is obvious to me that you are a man with a good heart. I'm sorry about the loss of your pal Arthur. I can see from his pic, he was very happy. Look's like you helped each other through some tough times. I gotta thank you for everything you said, Psycho, and may I add, you said it very well. I totally agree with it too. I know you're right. I suppose I should change what I said about never owning another dog, to not being ready just yet.

Barbara, no, I don't feel like I'm being ganged up on. I feel like I'm getting some well meant advice from some very caring people. But, as I told you privately, there was more to my loss than Lacy, and I'm working on the other half of that loss now. One thing at a time. I revise my pet promise to, never say never. Then again, Barbara, getting ganged up on by people like you, and the others here, with their own stories of loss, as well as their kind words, and pep talks......Well, that's a good thang!
Jack Nickelless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2004, 10:41 AM   #20

I think we're having a virtual hug here. 8)

Hurray for Psycho Budgie's change of heart and subsequent rescue of a dog in need, and hurray for Jack's change to never saying never.