Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Animal & Pet Photos

Old May 11, 2004, 9:10 AM   #11

jackrussell Maybe she was referring to the especially long coat on your dog. These dogs are very close to the original bred by Reverend Russell:
http://www.jrtaa.org/champs.html Not sure Simba would fit either category in the US.

aladyfourty Yours is a Jack Russel in the US now that the Parson Russells have been separated out as a separate breed. Not sure what the division is Down Under. I think yours is the one that was later crossbred with a bull terrier and is the one most recognized in the US as a Jack Russell – even before the two breeds were separated.
slipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11, 2004, 9:16 AM   #12

I agree aladyforty, it is very confusing. I've been reading a bit more about them and according to the sites i've seen the longer legged dog is the Parson and the shorter one like mine is the result of breeding the Parson with other dogs to create the hunting dog. Yours looks like the shorter legged version from your pictures. Even more confusing is the british jack russell site that shows both types in the gallery. Now i'm getting confused. :?:-)
jackrussell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11, 2004, 9:27 AM   #13

Slipe, i saw the site that you linked to and the Parson jack russells it showed. They had short hair but the old guy i sawlast night had a Parsons with short hair and he said that if he hadn't had the dog cropped it's hair would be longer than Simba's. Now i'm even more confused. :??:-)

P.S Lovely dogs on that site. :-)

One of the best Jack Russell sites i've found. http://www.terrier.com/index.php3

jackrussell is offline   Reply With Quote