Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Animal & Pet Photos

Old Jul 10, 2004, 3:02 PM   #1

We got our new dog. A six week old pure blood border collie (no papers so not a pedigree) called Abby. She arrived a couple of hours ago. I snapped off some pictures of her in the garden. The camera was set E.V. -1.5. So lots of noise. The grey/white fur is going to test the camera. :lol:
I haven't got time to talk more, food is almost ready. So I'll post the pictures and run.

Hmm, I'm off to explore the big bad world. Or. Hmm, what can I eat round here.

Leave me alone, I'm little.

Now, how can I get Pickles back? Let me think.

Oh forget it, let's be friends.

Aww.

ferny is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 10, 2004, 3:06 PM   #2

Cute pictures and cute puppy, ferny! Border collies are supposed to be the smartest breed (if I remember correctly), poodles the second smartest. I've read that if you don't provide something for them to herd, they will try to herd the visitors to your home. :-)
geoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10, 2004, 4:21 PM   #3

You've got a really cute pup there ferny, you must be well pleased with her. How many pets have you got now?. :-)
jackrussell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10, 2004, 4:59 PM   #4

You're right there geoffs. Pickles (collie/kelpie cross) was house trained before her bladder was big enough. It's amazing how quickly she picks things up. I hope Abby is as smart.
We've never had a collie before. One alsatian, a mongrel which we think had terrier in him and another mingle that had some sort of spaniel. The only time we've had one dog is when one of them died.

Thanks Mark. Just the three (minus fish in the outside pond). Pickles, Susie and now Abby.

Old Jul 10, 2004, 10:29 PM   #5

cute shots. Ive had two border collie crosses and they made great pets although they tend to be a little hyper at times:-) Still right now my jack russell who is 12 makes the border colllies look placid.

My friend has a pure bred border collie that is a real laugh. His name is claddie and when planes fly over their farming property he chases them. The last time he got his mind set on it he was found 18 ks from home in someones horse paddock still looking skyward:-)
aladyforty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12, 2004, 3:01 PM   #6

pwecious pup! That is the breed I want to ask my parents for but they don't want another dog right now. I really want to get into 4H agility with a dog, but mine is too old, obsese, arthritic, and just had surgery.

Great shots SUCH a cute puppy its adorableeee!
discodudette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12, 2004, 3:30 PM   #7

See, everyone is telling me how pretty she is but I don't think she is. She isn't ugly, I do like her lots and lots, don't get me wrong. But I don't think she is that cute. Not yet. In a week or two she will be.

Actually, as I'm typing I'm starting to see I'm being a little harsh. I think I'll go give her a cuddle.

Thanks for the comments all.