Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Animal & Pet Photos

Old Aug 31, 2004, 5:54 PM   #1

They fall asleep on the garage floor. :lol:

ferny is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 31, 2004, 10:48 PM   #2

Long walk and a couple beer? :-)Great shot!
bigconig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1, 2004, 4:11 AM   #3

I missed a great photo didn't I. If only I'd tucked a beer under one paw and a cigarette in the mouth.:lol:
Old Sep 1, 2004, 9:29 PM   #4

How funny, your dog is sleeping with his tongue out. He must really be exhausted. No drool.
Nadia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2, 2004, 4:37 AM   #5

Abby is a she. Don't worry. I won't tell her what you said. :lol:

Her tongue is too big for her mouth at the moment so it's always sticking out. It's not much fun when you're trying to tell them off for doing something bad and this cute little ball of fluff looks at you with its tongue stinking. It's really hard not to laugh. It is fun though, to grab it when she yawns.:lol:
Pickles had the same thing when she was little. I got this picture of her when she was little. It's a scanned (badly done to) 35mm print. So I've never posted it here before.

Old Sep 4, 2004, 11:15 AM   #6

Interesting about the tongue. I guess they grow into it. Also, please don't pretty Abby what I said. My cat's name is Abby also. Her breed is traced to a field in England. They were breed b/c of their wavy coat and they do not shed.:-) I believe in the city Devon, makes sense. She is a Devon Rex breed. I named her after the album from the Beatles, Abby Road. She is four years old. I had to get her from Kansas City which is about a 2 hour trip to Michigan on a plan.

Pickles is very cute. I love the coloring.
Old Sep 4, 2004, 1:09 PM   #7

That's a bit of a trip! How comes you had to go so far? If you don't mind me asking.

And Pickles says thanks for saying she's cute. :lol: You can see one of her as she is now here. She became a woman today.
Old Sep 5, 2004, 11:30 AM   #8

Hi Ferny, I would never have thought that was Pickles on your Avatar. A big difference from being a puppy. Congrats, are you going to breed her? Are Pickles and Abby litter mates? My cat was purchasedfrom another state because I could not find a reputable breeder any closer. Also, the breeder would not let me have her until she was fixed. They are fearful that I will breed her. She is pet quality, not for show. She is much too fat. I have her on a diet. She had surgery three months ago foranal gland removal, which is a rare condition for felines. I tell the things we do for our pets.The surgery ran $1300.00.That put a hold on any new camera purchases.I believe pets are part of your family. I hope you never have the problem.
Attached Images

Old Sep 5, 2004, 12:42 PM   #9

That's Abby in my avatar. Not Pickles. Pickles is black with white, Abby is white with black (grey). :lol:

What was wrong with her anal glands? Our last dog Scruffy (who liked to bite me...) had to have his squeezed now and again.

Pickles is a Kelpie (Australian sheepdog) crossed with a Border Collie (English sheepdog). She is 99% Kelpie though. She's got short black fur which has a massive shine as soon as the sun hits it. Her fur also goes from brown to black to grey, depending on what the light is. She's got white patches on her belly and chest. My sister and I got her as a 60th birthday present for my mum. Scruffy who Pickles has replaced (not replaced, but he was before Pickles, if you catch me) ended his life by having a series of fits. One day he had four in a day after three months of not having any. We couldn't let him go on after that and I was in the room with my mum as they put him to sleep. She swore not to get another dog after him but there was a void.
We found the number for the person selling Pickles at a pet superstore (as in food, not animals. :lol. Pickles was the one in the litter bouncing about all over the place. My mum couldn't choose a dog so she asked the lady selling them to pick one out. Now she is a big softy. Wouldn't hurt a fly and runs from most things, except sheep. She loves a cuddle to. We were meant to get her at 6 week but didn't get her until she was 7. There was a suspected outbreak of Parvo. All of the puppies were having problems, except Pickles.
We've never had insurance for a dog before but decided to get some when we got Pickles. It was a good idea. After a few weeks her stomach started complaining and she had trouble going to the toilet. She yelped and span around when passing solids. Tests were done but nothing was found to be wrong apart from a hard spot in the gut. She still has problems now and then. She yelps, runs to us and then after a few seconds is fine. I think her stools are too big for the, erm, opening... We give her liquid paraffin from time to time. She was also stung by a wasp recently which made her nose swell up. It was funny because she looked like she had an old boot for a nose. Luckily the only swelling was on the nose and not inside or around the throat.

We got Abby from the same person as we got Pickles. She is a pure Border Collie, just without the pedigree papers. So technically she is a cross breed. She was said to be lethargic. Erm, wrong! She is always bouncing about and making a mess. Except when she is asleep which is probably 20 hours a day. She just flops anywhere in any position. See the picture for evidence. :lol: She, so far, has had no problems.

When we got Abby we found out that the woman who was selling the dogs was rescuing them from farmers in Wales. It's the reason why the puppies are so young when sold. They'd let their working dogs get pregnant and then kill the litter. Seems a huge waste of life and time to me. The woman is under investigation from the BBC the last I heard. Someone has got it in for her claiming she doesn't care for the pets and charges extortionate prices. It's all lies.

We don't plan to let either of them have puppies. They're going to be spade. It stops certain cancers. We lost a dog (Scampy, an Alsatian) to cancer and various other tings which all came at once. Depending on what vet we've seen we have been told to get it done just before the first season or after. We were going to trey and get them both done at the same time so they would be together when they came to. But Pickles has developed so fast it looks like it won't happen.

And if you've read all that you could probably do with a coffee to wake yourself up. Two sugars is it? :lol:
Old Sep 5, 2004, 2:13 PM   #10

Long Long Walk!
Attached Images

werapaki4 is offline   Reply With Quote