Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Animal & Pet Photos

Old Oct 9, 2004, 7:57 PM   #1

here's a shot of my new puppy, cassy..

now, this is just a "snapshot"....it wasn't "planned"...but focus, exposure, composition were all though out...angle was done purposefully...and all that...

wat do you think?

adorable or wat?!

Vito
Attached Images

photosbyvito is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 9, 2004, 10:26 PM   #2

awwwww really cute and a lovely shot:-)
aladyforty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10, 2004, 2:04 AM   #3

Now that is really sweet! She is adorable and I bet she will be greatly photographed in the months to come! Better get a 4GB Card!

Freida
freidaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10, 2004, 7:29 PM   #4

Very nice vito.. I stared at this shot for some time and rememered my own lab, bell she is long gone but made me think of her, thanks for that.. you never know what a photo can mean to people and the experiences they have had...as far as photo compensation is concerned it gives me the feeling of "old and new" Good job telling a simple story.. you are getting it my friend and keep them coming you have a new subject there to work with so keep them comming... Dale
cowboy43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10, 2004, 9:07 PM   #5

thanks dale

i'm glad it brought you joy!

i can't wait to get some more shots of her...hopefully, when she's older i'll be able to take her to the park, and take some shots there...

i'm also hoping to train her to play frisbee..that's an opportunity for action shots

btw, i hope i can get some shots of her, like the ones you got of sage...this one's pretty close, i think

thanks for all your comments!

Vito

Old Oct 11, 2004, 3:24 PM   #6

Hi Vito,

Great shot and cute pup. I couldn't guess how many pictures I've taken of Annie (<---) but it's a couple hundred, at least.

A couple of tips: 1) I hope you didn't give her those sneakers to play with or chew on. If you did, no shoes in the house will ever be safe in the future.

2) When you take her to the park to teach her to play frisbee, don't do it just for photographs. Do it to have fun with her and to give her exercise.

Annie (<---) is sixteen months old and runs like greased lightning when playing ball. We haven't tried to teach her to catch a frisbee but it is something I want to do.

Enjoy your new pup. Treat her well and she'll give you much more than a camera ever could. I have had dogs all my life. They provide so much unconditional love. A camera can't do that. A camera can record a history of the dog but it does not give love.

Cal Rasmussen
calr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2004, 3:30 PM   #7

haha, yeah, she does try to chew them, but we stop her....she just kinda walked over to them and laid down next to them, and put her head on them..

she did the same thing to my sisters (little sister's) sandals, and i was gonna take her picture, but she started chewing on them, so i didn't get a chance to.

and yeah, i'm gonna teach her frisbee to have fun with her, not just for photography, even though that would be a nice challenge..

so far, i've gotten her to chase a tennis ball, but she just jumps on it and starts eating leaves lol, small attention span, but we've only had her for 4 days, so, i got some time

thanks for commenting!
Old Oct 12, 2004, 11:59 PM   #8

Great shot! I know she will bring a lot of joy to your house! We had a 97 pound black lab named Winston. We had to "put him down" eventually but he was a wonderful dog. He loved to swim. I used a 5 gallon bucket lid for a frisbee and he would retrieve it in the water.He would also put his head under water to look for things!I wish I had been more into photography then! You will really enjoy her.

Take lots of pics!

Trique Daddi
Trique Daddi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13, 2004, 2:39 AM   #9

Very cute shot. I doubt if the new puppy will be any harder on your shoes than you are. Great Pic.

Suzan
ImKayd1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13, 2004, 9:43 AM   #10

I'd love to see some more of this little cutie:-)
aladyforty is offline   Reply With Quote