Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Animal & Pet Photos

Old Feb 19, 2005, 2:12 PM   #1

He's 16 months old and loves to terrorize my cats:-)

Attached Images

Oculus Sinister is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 20, 2005, 9:25 AM   #2

beautiful dog, I had one of them in the 1970s and have to say he made the greatest pet ever.
aladyforty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2005, 5:00 AM   #3

Thanks, he was a replacement for one that died a few months ago. Yes, they have a very nice demeanor and are perfect as house/guard dogs, very confident and courageous which makes you feel safe around them. I've had Rottweillers and Dobermanns, which although fearless and excellent guard dogs don't have the warmth of the GSD's in my opinion.
Old Feb 21, 2005, 6:44 AM   #4

I could never replace my German shepherd so I have since had a kelpie for 13 years, a border collie cross for nine years who was raised as a pair with a pure bred jack Russell, the jack Russell is now thirteen but the border collie had to be put to sleep 18 months ago which was a shock. I cant compare these breeds, a Jack Russell is sooooo different to a German shepherd, My shepherd never had the serious attitude problem my JRT has:-)
aladyforty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2005, 8:38 AM   #5

I hear you, the Jack Russel is quite a handful despite their small stature. Feisty and intolerant of small critters(probably because of their breed history) I had one for a while given to me by a relative who migrated. She was advanced in her years when she was given to me so she died a few years after, but in that short while I found her to be quite loyal, always full of energyand very territorial:-)Nice breed.
Old Feb 27, 2005, 9:39 AM   #6

Lovely German shepard you have there! I think they seem to like the cameras... I have attached a picture of my boyfriends geman shep, Shes about 4yrs old now. Been through quite alot in the last year mind, she had a blood clot in her ear that had to be removed, So unfortunetly her left ear does not stand up straight anymore, its slightly bent down, but gives her lots of character as she is a big dopey teddy bear! (I must warn though, as my boyfriend has had her since a puppy and she has gone to a police dogtraining centre, she is slightly aggressive and very protectiveOf the house and my boyfriend, she would still go for me if she had the chance... But you gotta love her, shes a babe really!!)
Attached Images

jiggyjaffakake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2005, 9:44 AM   #7

As for jack russels.... I got a little bundle of joy myself!

Probably the best birthday present I could ever have!

Her names baby and she is 7months old, Not too sure about the camera mind! Everytime we get it out she barks and runs round our legs "You can't catch me" :-)

But absolutelyfull of energy... Take her to the park so she can let it all out! Runs round the field about 20 times then shes worn out!

Attached Images

Old Mar 3, 2005, 11:54 AM   #8

Cute Jack Russelpup. I'm sure that pose didn't last too long before she decides to run again:-)
Old Mar 4, 2005, 9:10 AM   #9

Lol... No as you can see in the picture, shes like a colied spring! I think about 5 minutes after the pic was taken she was doing another 20 laps round the park!:-)