Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Animal & Pet Photos

Old Mar 4, 2005, 12:47 AM   #21

This is a horrible pic, you should not be posting it, you should be banned, my dad can throw a football farther than your dad.... Just kidding, some people just can't get along. You said in the title, a feeding pic, what should people expect? As far as the pic not being special, I disagree, I found it interesting that the snake "stood up" to eat it, I would have assumed the it would constrict it and eat it laying down. That's what I would do, but maybe I'm lazy and like to eat laying down:blah: How long does it take for it to be digested and how often does she need to be fed like this?
GoCubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4, 2005, 1:11 AM   #22

The one thing about my picture, is it a little unique. You may not like it, because there's nothing to it, but look at all the other pets on this forum. They're photos of dogs and cats, and honestly there's not much to those either.

That's what people own. I own snakes and spiders and a bunch of other animals. People post their cats and their dogs, I post pictures of snakes and spiders. It adds a little variety to this arena.

Iposted Maggie eating her rabbit because a) it's not something you see everyday and b) a couple people have been curious about it because they don't own a large snake.

As for my profession,read my profile and if you're still curious, write me a private message. This forum is not the place.

Steve

LINEBACKER 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4, 2005, 1:17 AM   #23

As for you GoCubs, let me tell you one thing. I bet my dad can hit a baseball farther than your dad.

Well, actually, probably not.

Anyways, she didn't eat it like that... essentially she was postioning herself to eat it. She did eat it laying down. It took her 20 minutes to fully swallow it. It takes her another week to fully digest it and it takes me several minutes to get the courage to clean her cage after.

Best regards,

Steve

Old Mar 4, 2005, 1:40 AM   #24
KSV

LINEBACKER 2 wrote:
Quote:
The one thing about my picture, is it a little unique. You may not like it, because there's nothing to it, but look at all the other pets on this forum. They're photos of dogs and cats, and honestly there's not much to those either.
Well, it is probably little unique....., but for a person who study snakes, not for photographer - IMHO. As for other pet's pix I totally agree - it is very seldom good pix of pet can be seen. I am not even getting exited about our family dog - forget about all other dogs. People posts them, because they love their pets, but for me those pix usually very boring. BTW I like your Blue Cobalt (sorry if wrong) pix - those one was somewhat special (except background :-) )

What about your profession - I still can not get it. If (say) a doctor in mental disease hospital dealing mainly with mentally sick people, that does not necessarily means that majority people mental sick does not it?
KSV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4, 2005, 3:53 AM   #25

Well in thisday and age...reptiles are being kepted more and more..and are coming more popular than cats and dogs.

I dont think it matters what animal you own!as long as its getting the care and love it needs thats all that matters..Ive always had animals from cats,dogs,birds ect but i find that reptiles are much more easier to look after and great to have around.:-)

jiggyjaffakake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4, 2005, 9:24 AM   #26

All of my reptiles seem to have their own personality (like cats and dogs). Some are real friendly and just love to be loved, others can be aggressive, but its their nature. Are we only allowed aggressive ortame dogs?? No because we give every animal a chance in life, If these reptiles were in the wild, they would probably either be dead, or caught for people to eat...

Alot of my reptiles are rescues, WE SAVED THEM.They are living, breathinganimals at the end of the day, not just something to look at on the television or in petshops. We all need to appreciate them alot more, for they also (Like cats and dogs) Have something to give... wether it be Love, or just further knowledge,and understanding...After all these creatures are very educational.

I feel very strongly about our reptiles, and would like to share this understanding with anyone who is against, If you could meet my babies im sure you would understand. I keep cats and dogs also... I love them all the same, Like I said.. They are allmy babies
jiggyjaffakake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 2005, 8:43 PM   #27

Well you have opened up all sorts of opinions on this one.. I could care less about the content.... Why? just another snap-shot that seems to be preaty prevelant around here latley... Dale
cowboy43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15, 2005, 11:47 PM   #28

You bet. And that's all it was. A snapshot. Nothing else.

Steve