Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Animal & Pet Photos

Old Mar 7, 2005, 11:30 AM   #1

This is Bonnie; my fiancee rescued her from her road kill mother's pouch and she was the size of a fingernail. I must say, my fiancee was on her way to church when she rescued Bonnie; Bonnie remained nestled in my fiancee's bra during the service.

Bonnie was eye dropper fed and hand fed until she could manage on her own. She loves cheese, grapes and dry cat food as well as bugs 'n stuff. Her favorite trick is to curl her tail around a plastic shopping bag and then crawl under the sofa to make a nest.

About a month ago Bonnie was "set free" and given a stall filled with hay and wooden pallets in the barn. She stayed there for a few days then found a way out and disappeared for a couple weeks. She showed up again and every now and then still comes in to eat. She is almost completely wild now and seems to be doing well on her own except she keeps coming in contact with a skunk...PHEWWWWWW:-?

This was the last time she asked to come indoors:

TG
Attached Images

Trout Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 7, 2005, 11:37 AM   #2

Here's one more of Bonnie.

TG
Attached Images

Old Mar 7, 2005, 11:38 AM   #3

Last but not least, this was Millie's reaction to Bonnie whom she hadn't seen in awhile.:lol:

TG
Attached Images

Old Mar 8, 2005, 3:12 AM   #4

Hi Trout Guy,

Very nicepix, and what a lovely story too.

I first met opossoms via aposting on Funny Fotos, which you might enjoy (see Mactek's entry on Feb 1st, it's 2 pages.)

They do seem incredibly endearing creatures, in spite of their bad hair days....

abw, Canna.
Canna W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8, 2005, 3:16 AM   #5

P.S. I'm a bit worried about your trout avatar though. He looks a bit in need of mouth to mouth resuscitation...
Old Mar 8, 2005, 8:46 AM   #6

Canna, no need to worry about the trout; he/she just came up for the photo op:lol:

A couple months before Bonnie there was the male "Baby". He suffered from sort of calcium deficiency and, therefore, did not move around as fast as Bonnie and, in fact, spent most of his time lying about and getting fat.

Baby and Bonnie were both set free at the same time and under the same circumstances. Baby burrowed in and made himself a nest in the hay and stayed there for a couple weeks. He's now disappeared and his fate is unknown unlike Bonnie who still visits from time to time. Oh, the life span of an opossum is just two years and one breeding cycle.

Here's both Baby (left) and Bonnie with their grapes and cheese.

TG
Attached Images

Old Mar 9, 2005, 1:13 AM   #7

Hi Trout Guy,

Soooooooo sweet!!!! (And it'sgreat that Bonnie still comes to visit you too.)

Canna.
Old Mar 9, 2005, 5:52 AM   #8

Bonnie has become quite ferrel it seems. The other night she appeared and when my fiancee bent down to pet her, Bonnie lashed out and gave her quite a nasty gash to her leg. Also, 'possums have about 50 more teeth than other animals of their type.

Food is still being left out for Bonnie but there will be no more close contact.

TG