Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Animal & Pet Photos

Old Mar 17, 2005, 7:51 AM   #11

Uh oh, feeding pics again. :shock:

Yes, my pic was an emerald tree boa. The color in the "cage" made it difficult to properly white balance. So, the color is a little off. I spent about an hour in the reptile house taking pictures. Didn't use flash. Didn't want to bind or startle the animals. :|
Gospel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17, 2005, 9:42 AM   #12

O'Yes the feeding pics are back lol :lol:

Great pic tho i like the detail in the face :G
jiggyjaffakake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17, 2005, 8:35 PM   #13

Now those pics are fantastic. I've never fed my snake a rat before.

Good stuff.

Steve

LINEBACKER 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18, 2005, 8:58 PM   #14

Hi Linebacker2 and Jiggyjaffakake,

In the wild a snake will hunt down prey based on what they can handle; fit in their mouth and digest without getting stuck. Now, when you bring prey for your snake how do you size the prey for your snake.Just wondering.

Nadia
Nadia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19, 2005, 3:24 PM   #15

Hi nadia,

It goes by the size of your snakes girth, so ours is about the size of an adult rat, a medium rabbit, or guinea pigs. I really dont understand how people can have such a problem with us posting feeding pics on here, Its a site for animals and pets, well these are our pets and we love them as much as the rest of you love your pets.

As already stated before, if these creatures were in the wild, they would be eating what we have shown, but just because they are in captivity, should that make a difference?. So many of these animals are captive bred now,reasons being some are becoming rare.

Ifeel it our duty (As reptile keepers and breeders) to save these creatures frombecoming extinct.They are educational and loving...

Im sure loads of you watch steve irwin the crocodile hunter on the television, and find it interesting... Well whats the difference? If anything they would have a better life in captivity than in the wild.

Vicky :?
Old Mar 21, 2005, 5:44 PM   #16

Hi Vicky,

Actually you make a wonderful point.If It was not for captive breeding there would be a lot of breeds wiped off the earth from mankind destroying their habitats. The great cats is an example. The sad part is when one breed becomes extinct there is a possibility that others will follow. The eating pictures do not bother me since that is part of life and their survival. We eat animals for our survival, how must we look. I enjoy seeing your pets, and have no problem as long as they are fed and not abused. I know you take good care of them along with Linebacker 2.

Have a good night or day.

Nadia

Nadia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22, 2005, 10:02 AM   #17

Hi and thanks for the reply!!

I love it when someone actually listens to us!

Usually its "Ergh thats digusting.... you should not be allowed to post pictures like that on here, its for pets only".... Well.... these are pets :-):-)

We run a business totally dedicatd to reptiles, our work is with reptiles, ourwhole life is with reptiles.... Wetake in un-wanted reptiles for re-homing, we give peoplefurther knowledge and understanding of these wonderful creatures. We help people house reptiles correctly, and are around 24/7 to give the best possible advice!!!!

I suppose we could be classed as gods to the reptile world!!:G

Thanks again!

Vicky :?