Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Animal & Pet Photos

Old Aug 31, 2005, 8:17 AM   #1

I'm new to the forum and digital photo. but am enjoying my S2 IS. Had the A95 prior and loved it as well.

But I don't have a clue how to do most of the things on this forum that most everyone else does. Oh well for a 70 yr. old retiree who has been working with Windows 95 for the past 6 - 8 yrs, and finally got a new computer with WIN XP, I think I'm doing pretty good.

But I'd sure like to know how to post photos to this forum for your comments.

Can someone describe the process in laymans language for me.

Thanks immensely for your help!
mackcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 31, 2005, 9:16 AM   #2

gidday Mackam

if you resize your pic to about 800X600 and put it in your C/: root directory or somewhere that you can find it easy then all you have to do is start a new topic or reply to your old one here.

type your message and then go to BROWSE down below message box

find your pic and doubleclick(it should go into the BROWSE box)

check spelling - then press SEND

hope it works okay

cheers dom
roxydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31, 2005, 3:20 PM   #3

Hi dom; thanks for the reply. had trouble resizing to 800x600 but somehow I got it to 640x366 (50 KB). this will be the 5th attempt to send, but I have my fingers crossed.

Thanks again for your help and if you can tell me an easy way to resize a pic I would be indebted to you for life. well maybe not that long but at least as long as I can remember to do it my self.
Attached Images

Old Aug 31, 2005, 3:24 PM   #4

Sorry all; I got so caught up in this pic actually sending that I forgot to add a caption, this is our one-eyed 3yr old Boston terrier who says "Im so tired, I can't open the other eye"
Old Aug 31, 2005, 3:53 PM   #5

http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...ertoySetup.exe

if you click on this it will bring you to a download and its for Windows XP and after its all setup just right click on your picture and resize it to what you like...a very handy and easy tool and if you use the advanced feature you can use the Make picture smaller but not larger
Oh and WELCOME to the forum and enjoy cuz there are lots of people to help you when you need it and the folks here are very friendly:-)
TD Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1, 2005, 4:30 AM   #6

Gidday agian Mackcam

Have you used Wagaboo's resizer yet - it is great- i think the smallest size

(640 X 480)would be the best for posting -then anyone could see it easily

It resizes and puts the file on the end of your directory with the same name and "small" in brackets - i found this out after resizing it about 3 times

Thanks very much Wagaboo - thats heaps easier than PSP.

Good looking dog of yours Mackcam - you should enjoy your S2 heaps ,i am wrapped with mine.

Cheers Dom
roxydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1, 2005, 7:40 AM   #7

Hi again dom; well I've downloaded it to my machine, but have no clue at this pointhow to use it.
Old Sep 1, 2005, 2:31 PM   #8

Hi Dom...hope you don't mind that I answered this one as it was just sitting there...lol...Its very easy my friend, all you do is right click on the picture you want to resize and then with a left click on your mouse choose resize pictures and you will get a little screen that pops up asking you how you want to resize and you check off which one you prefer I like the 800 X 600 myself then choose the advance tab at the bottom then also choose "make picture smaller not larger" and you are all done and the newly resized picture will show up in the same folder as the original but with a "small" or "medium" attached to the name...that will be your resized photo....and to see the difference in size just right click that picture again ( the resized one) and then choose properties and you will see the new size.....A lil tip ....A right click gives you options on a file when you right click on that file and a left click gives you the actions part of it..

Remember.... there are no silly questions :-):-)
Old Sep 9, 2005, 10:15 AM   #9

To dom & Wagaboo

I tried for a long time (hours) to "resize" some pictures but was having no sucess with right clicking. It just was not bringing up the menu that Wagaboo suggested.

The problem I think was my pics were in Zoom Browser EX, and in Photo Shop Album 2.0 Starter Edition.

When I finally opened my pics in Photo Studio 5.5 (Arc Photo) it worked perfectly. I am about to go out and purchase Elements 3.0 and get rid of that other cr-- that came with the S2 IS from Canon.

Now, I'd like to thank both of you guys for taking the time to help me out with what seemed to me to be a big problem.

Mack C. from Brooklin ON
Old Sep 9, 2005, 1:21 PM   #10

Sorry Mackcam if that didnt work out for you, myself I got rid of the software that came with my cam (pain in the AS*) and just took the card out of the cam and put it straight into one of the card readers in my pc no trouble no hassle etc and even made my boot time faster without loading all the bloatware that my cam put in the computer...but we're here in the future if you need us and Elements 3 is a good choice you'll like it:-)
Myself I like total control of how I load and edit my pics thats why I use the card reader from my pc...